Thin coat preference

Members online

Zanzibar26

Whats everyones preference on using silicone thin coat toppings?? Going to render my house in a few months and planning ahead. I can currently get webersil tf at just under £50+Vat at the mo but not keen if its not as nice as others. My local hughs grey can supply weber, krend and jub with krend and jub about £15 more than weber per tub.

Whats everyones preference on using silicone thin coat toppings?? Going to render my house in a few months and planning ahead. I can currently get webersil tf at just under £50+Vat at the mo but not keen if its not as nice as others. My local hughs grey can supply weber, krend and jub with krend and jub about £15 more than weber per tub.

Webers a good product. Nothing wrong with it - done some nice work in recent years and it has held its colour and cleanliness very well..

Krend too looks nice and colour has lasted, but not as nice to apply for me.

Jubs a good coat, as are ewi's

Not tried PRB yet, when Phil Welman was there (with Ryan at one stop) he said it had one of the highest silicone/siloxane contents. Not got round to using it yet.

Parexs are good too. Revlane.

Weber and K-rend is ok but Jub is excellent imo. I find with silicone the cheaper it is but grittier it is. There are two ways to rub up silicone and the rub up with a painters 75mm scaper (or similar) in your left hand to scrape your fat onto gives the best results. Just rubbing up without taking the fat off is naff imo.