Thin coat in exposed area's

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

I have 14 flats to render with a carrier board then a thin cost render system on a timber frame build
I intended to use the jub render system which I have used a few times now
The builder has said the labc want a premiere guarantee which is needed for jobs in severe weather area's.
I'm based in the southwest.
It's looking like jub can't produce this
Has anyone had this problem before?
Cheers
Rob

what does the premier guarentee mean?

majority of warrenties are the same.as its only product related. usually guarentees are installer sided?

do they mean insurance backed maybe?

i would use what ever system the architect has on the spec. leave the problem to those who are getting paid to decide

I've just googled it Bobby it looks like labc will just warranty the build so I'd imagine you'd have to talk to them and see where you go from there
Do you mean jub won't commit to their warranty or maybe the amount of warranty company's it may not be listed in their fact sheets

There are only a few company's out there's that can supply this to satisfy the labc
Basically the labc are like the nhbc.
They need to be satisfied that hubs render system can withstand the severe weather that we get in the westcountry.
Parex offer the premiere guarantee although I've seen the spec and it's outrageous!!

Walk away it's gonna stress you out and possibly bite you later on.
Something else will replace that job
Ha ha
What you on about numpty
I've got the job.just wondered what everyone's thoughts we're.
Parex are on my side on this one so I'll use them
Just wondered what's people's thoughts we're

Last edited:
Jub has 10 year guarantee.I had this with a big one I did, they needed to see I was a approved contractor and the whole spec. Plus I got the main guy at Jub to talk to them then bobs your uncle. But make sure you use slip joints on each floor level to cover movement mate very important

Jub has 10 year guarantee.I had this with a big one I did, they needed to see I was a approved contractor and the whole spec. Plus I got the main guy at Jub to talk to them then bobs your uncle. But make sure you use slip joints on each floor level to cover movement mate very important

Jub has 10 year guarantee.I had this with a big one I did, they needed to see I was a approved contractor and the whole spec. Plus I got the main guy at Jub to talk to them then bobs your uncle. But make sure you use slip joints on each floor level to cover movement mate very important, plus this job was supper exposed right on the seafront, that's the reason I did it in nano

Jub has 10 year guarantee.I had this with a big one I did, they needed to see I was a approved contractor and the whole spec. Plus I got the main guy at Jub to talk to them then bobs your uncle. But make sure you use slip joints on each floor level to cover movement mate very important, plus this job was supper exposed right on the seafront, that's the reason I did it in nano

I'm approved by jub also mate
It's more to do with wether jubs material can withstand zone 4 weather systems
They haven't passed the tests aparently
Gary pearcey is on the case as its a decent job for both of us
Parex seem to have all the paperwork to back the guarentee needed for the labc
The manufacturers guarentee is something else
I'm sure @owls knows the score

Could you not spec the job if it already isn't then run it by labc to makes sure it's ok or is it all more complicated than this?

There are only a few company's out there's that can supply this to satisfy the labc
Basically the labc are like the nhbc.
They need to be satisfied that hubs render system can withstand the severe weather that we get in the westcountry.
Parex offer the premiere guarantee although I've seen the spec and it's outrageous!!
What's the outrageous spec Bobby?

I'm approved by jub also mate
It's more to do with wether jubs material can withstand zone 4 weather systems
They haven't passed the tests aparently
Gary pearcey is on the case as its a decent job for both of us
Parex seem to have all the paperwork to back the guarentee needed for the labc
The manufacturers guarentee is something else
I'm sure @owls knows the score
i think leeroy wants you to use jub.that or hes got a stutter.

would parex.cost you material wise to.cover the guarentee.
im sure peacy can conjur up something

@plasterjfe is the man with render in his blood :LOL:
Have discussed the LABC scenario on friend face this morning. I do t think he will get the hreen ligjt for jub if the officer is a stickler. Parex can provide the premier gaurantee that he needs but understandably je want to honour jubs spec ad they have done some footwork already.

Need jub to sit with them and thrash it out

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Different type of gaurantee that the labc are asking for

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I've had this problem before with the severe weather rating .
I've been told it's impossible to test severe weather. PAREX have this certificate but it's a big spec which involves painting it with paraguard after completion.

I've had this problem before with the severe weather rating .
I've been told it's impossible to test severe weather. PAREX have this certificate but it's a big spec which involves painting it with paraguard after completion.
It's a brutal spec
I priced a job a few years back for this system
I was 2500 dearer than the next guy
A lot of f**k**g about for sure

i think leeroy wants you to use jub.that or hes got a stutter.

would parex.cost you material wise to.cover the guarentee.
im sure peacy can conjur up something
I hope so dan
Gary has been down and had meetings with the builder and spent time on this
He's a decent guy who knows his stuff
I'll stick with jub if they can come up with the goods
If not Parex will get the nod

It's a brutal spec
I priced a job a few years back for this system
I was 2500 dearer than the next guy
A lot of f**k**g about for sure
Yeah I agree it's a load of crap
Over here wetherby have this certificate but no one has ever seen it
And there's only two approved contractors here and they won't let anyone else get approved ??? ££££££££ in envelopes.
I like Jub but it's just the severe part that causes problems.
Only on new specked jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.