thin coat beads.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Need a box of mesh angles and mesh stops.

Lord and Downing have stopped doing them (dunno why)

Anyone suggest a new supplier?

yes i have used them a few times but prefer the quality of what Les used to sell.

anyone know why he has packed in selling them ?

dbp beads not too bad for what they cost like....the mesh is wafer fray gear tho but we still use it lol. SAS probeads tidy quality, they not a million miles from you ish aren't they??

try wemico rich like gib says thay are the distributor for protektorwerks profiles from germany int uk. thay are the standard for all of the thermal system profiles, good stuff, sas do good render bead so thay will prob be good n all

we have just changed our bead supplier. trueline they are based in west mids and do all beads and profiles ,etc good prices aswell

well go an fookingwell av a look then.

ALSO

I am having to order speedymask for delivery now there aint a fekin place near me that sells it bar one outfit and they only stock the huge roll size

thats bollix man what the perferations like than and, does the mesh carry past the ends of thw beads beyond the plazzy spine?

I used most profiles base head sill bead you name it, nothing compares to protektors but I want find a cheaper supplier than wemico

yeah gotta job coming up with em on, are they air tight? are they a cold spot? onlyused alumasc ones they seem a better make,

I only used on timber frame direct to board and it was an open profile such as ther could be ventilation - no good for a thermal job. If your using a thermal system you can get a profile that fixes to the face of the ins board leaving the insulation continous behind, but if you need to break straight through I would just use the E bead that is like two mesh stops with a looping diaphram that just slots inside the gap, dead easy to seal tidy and will stop weather itself anyway, horizontal joints on thermal are a water ingress weak spot especially on wool boards, if weather gets in it could lead to all sorts of problems.

thanx john the bead with the diaphram is the one alumasc spec,but architect is adamant she wants this slip bead,cant see how it doesnt create a cold bridge, gotta change it somehow ,

thanx john the bead with the diaphram is the one alumasc spec,but architect is adamant she wants this slip bead,cant see how it doesnt create a cold bridge, gotta change it somehow ,

I'm sure i got a box off those slip beads mate, i will have a look and post a picture off em, see what you think

No mate the archi will be mistaken, they will be reading of some speci software you need to get her told , tell em its an ingress problem. otherwise get her to look at wem profile 2151, 2152, and the starter track, you can have a slip joint with continous ins, using these profiles but it will be a mare to do all 3 profiles are used and the room for expansion is still minimal

use the Ebead man fek em :RpS_thumbup: they will thank you in the end

I have about thirty five Merlin, and they are wemico 2.5m beads
IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.