Thermolite

I've done loads of s&c renders over Thermalite/Celcon blocks. Just dampen them down before the scratch coat, make sure your ratios are correct and let the scratch cure. Easy peasy.

I've done loads of s&c renders over Thermalite/Celcon blocks. Just dampen them down before the scratch coat, make sure your ratios are correct and let the scratch cure. Easy peasy.

I had thermalite tec reps out to an sand and cement specced job back in 86. They specced back then a good wetting down and a 6:1:1 in two passes.

Still cracked. On a thick wall. Clerk of works made it come off. He wanted 1 coat. I worked over the weekend, unibonded it Friday night, scratch coat Saturday morning, second coat Sunday morning. He did his rounds and I told him I did it Saturday morning. It didn’t crack. Used feb as well which he wouldn’t allow.

Alrite lads, id like your opinion if you dont mind, not looking forward to this one. Went to look at the job Friday.
Turns out the customer is the architect, awsome!!
Old walls to be acrylic thin coat with insulation.
Extension (thermolite) to be s&c for cost reasons.
So turns out its concrete blocks inside and thernalite outside ‍♂️.

Put on scud coat friday with sbr and will leave for a couple of days, was thinking of 5:1 with mesh or fibres topped with 6:1:1, any other suggestions, other than not doing it! Told him not wild about his spec but would do what i could to make sure no issues.

I've got a small area to pebble dash on thermalite, I'm thinking K-rend HPX then S+C for pebble dash

I would use dash receiver but it's a ballache to get hold of

All it is with a 3.5 n block is a suction issue, so treat it as such. Just coat it with k rend r7 or Parex micro etc and job done put what you want on it.