thermocromex

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Well I picked up a bag of thermocromex today and did a test panel.
A 30 litre bag take 6 litres of water to mix, when mixed it is very stickier and not a smooth paste like plaster is very nutty slag for those who no what that is.
So put the test panel on about 15mm maybe a bit more thicker ruled off and scratch about a hour later I think with sun and suction it went of fairly quick.
The scratching I thought maybe a problem yet I found this easy and scraping with the h rule was easy with this been new it left a bit of a smear of metal on the surface.

So this is what I think . 1) the stuff is to stickey and mixing with a drill you would need to knock a fair bit up first just to keep the joint wet and would be be better with two spreads. The finish I found easy to do and a machine is far better way to use this render.

ive got a dvd of thermocromex being sprayed by a french gang who know their stuff........tis made for machine application as all mono is really.

Yes mate I also have the dvd did you see were they blended the two colours together a put that line through, like to get hold of one of them tools, could not tell what machine it was. I have a spare copy of the dvd if any one would like it. So what machine do you have goody ? I have been thinking about a machine more and more its just the cost of this thermocromex I paid £15.86 per 30kg bag and it only did 1 sq meter about 15mm. I dont know what
other gear is out there like k rend and the cost of this per bag , I can see a market for mono Ive been told it about
£25 per sq meter to do I dont know if this is true.

Ive looked around mate and it only seems to be on these lime putty sites and they all seem to be the same price do you think I could mix this up I mean thermocromax in a mixer instead of my wisk it would be quicker.

try some sas prorend .ive just done a job with it . i liked it and its about a tenner a bag only 25 kg tho

Hey Henry, yes that line is pretty nifty ain't it. That teams thing is my sort of gauge for machine plastering in general. They use a diesel putz I think. I've got the new pft ritmo xl which is probably the best plastering machine in the world ;D

So your the proud owner of the ritmo it's a good deal you write this down for 3 yrs offset your tax .
What are your main use for the ritmo and is it as good as they say it is.

First of all you push it like a pram so getting over curbs is easy as you roll it back on two wheels. I can get it on and off the van on my own. You can use 3 phase for max power or single for less taxing work. It has a speed control for texture work. Setup is simple with no priming the chamber before you start. The compressor is 200l/min but is light. Oh and the snazzy back wheels have been lifted straight off the front of a dragster car. Yes it's fair to say am reasonably pleased with it :)

I specify this stuff (don't all shout at me all at once!) and had to compare Monostastier with Thermocromex - I needed to use a medium density blockwork ground to meet Building Regs Part L - only Thermocromex would do the job.

I specify this stuff (don't all shout at me all at once!) and had to compare Monostastier with Thermocromex - I needed to use a medium density blockwork ground to meet Building Regs Part L - only Thermocromex would do the job.

What were the blocks Nm ? and what could this gear do that others couldnt?

Granicem have a warranted mono designed for three an a half newton block

do you have any more details?

its being pushed at house builders so they can save on block cost, thats the main point really curry lad, i have seen a sample but not used it yet.

So why is thermocromex so exspensive and what does it have in its locker that other products dont ?

Last edited:
its being pushed at house builders so they can save on block cost, thats the main point really curry lad, i have seen a sample but used it.

So why is thermocromex so exspensive and what does it have in its locker that other products dont ?

So many builders use 3.5's and are mortafied when i tell them we will have to prime them before we can do anything. Lose the jobs sometimes because of this but it all ways makes me glad to see it ****** up a few months later :RpS_thumbsup:

If this stuff does what is claimed then i could be a option

So many builders use 3.5's and are mortafied when i tell them we will have to prime them before we can do anything. Lose the jobs sometimes because of this but it all ways makes me glad to see it ****** up a few months later :RpS_thumbsup:

If this stuff does what is claimed then i could be a option

I will dig out the data for you and sent it over

Necromancing a thread here..

Pricing a job up and the owner wants the outside doing in this stuff - 18m of blockwork.
How do folks find it, from reading above its sticky, like bonding?
Customer was saying its a two coat system (total of 12mm from 2x6mm).
I've never heard of it tbh, customer wants a lime based coloured render for the external - no idea what he does for a living but seams to be clued up on materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.