Thermalite blocks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made sure the wall was given a bonding agent as they are high suction put 4-1 scratch coat on then top the same. bin on 2 week customer phones me saying it cracking and bits are hollow. ??

Mix was to strong. should of used a 6 ~1 .Have you skimmed it if so how long did you leave it to cure before setting?

No just smooth render left scratch couple of days then topped it carnt of drawn in to much as top coat took a good while to set.

If it's in a garage why did you two coat it? I'd have just one coated it, no bonding agents, just one coat at 6:1.

Fair do's he did use a bonding agent to separate the render from the block. I suspect it is because it is too strong a mix. Could have been 6:1 base and slightly weaker top being inside.

I did one in 1984 ( I know because the miners was on strike, again), 4:1 on Black Jack binded with sand. 2 coats on a cellar wall and 1 month later cracks all over! Left it another month and then re-skimmed it.

Regarding this one you could always skim it if the 'hollow area' is not bad. Otherwise repair the hollow, bonding agent and re-do.

Done 3 walls and two are blown but the other one is sound begging to think that the sand I got from the merchants had frost as it was cold that day.

Done 3 walls and two are blown but the other one is sound begging to think that the sand I got from the merchants had frost as it was cold that day.
If thats the case you would of known when spreading the gear because of the hard lumps. Now if you have ever had lots of cat **** in your sand you find out after you have set the walls as lots of little white patches appear as the finish drys funny on cat poo.:RpS_mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.