theirs only one way to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm79

site plasterers or domestic plasterers?(whos best)
after reading a few threads saying one is better, faster, etc... just wondering what all the lads think!

Site workers are faster and abit rough (not all of them) but with domestic you've got to be a master plasterer high quality neat and tidy, that's my view take it or leave it

site plasterers or domestic plasterers?(whos best)
after reading a few threads saying one is better, faster, etc... just wondering what all the lads think!
Stupid question really and pointless tbh..my opinion..that's like saying how many bricks can you lay in a day? Depends what your building does it not..

You can pick holes in anyones work if your looking hard enough..............Its obvious that Northern plasterers are way better than Southerners and we are better drinkers................:RpS_thumbsup:

Im just sat here on the bank of the river having casted my comment it to the abyss of the forum just waiting for something to bite..................:RpS_wink:

Is it me or do northerners always fee like they've got a point to prove?......is there a feeling of being inadequate or can't you make up a joke about something else?

A plasterer is a plasterer and a skimmer is a skimmer. Iv worked on site and on domestic, the only difference is I slow it down and take my time more on domestic work.

Site skimmers and plasterers are 2 different things, it's amazing how many site lads iv seen turn float an set work away because the have not got a clue.

Might have just been the way I was taught, one week we would be on site the next in someone's living room.

Old gaffer told me site work was the bread and butter stuff and domestics pay for your holidays, which you could do at weekends or in week if you were quiet.

Macs right surely if your good your good at both. I mainly do domestic now but would love to get stuck in a new build now and again. It's all about money and there ain't none on site! I learnt on site and to me it's the best

We get both new builds and domestic. You need to be fast when needed and have the knowledge to make sh1tholes look new also.

Me thinks how many can go from domestic to site

Henry i think it depends on how and where you've been taught mate, For me its not a case of could i, its a case of i wouldn't want to.

All my work is domestic, im always busy and always get the rate, i don't have to travel up and down the country looking for work, to graft my knackers off for s**t rates, and don't have any jumped up little dicks retaining money snagging work, telling me what i can and cant wear, or what kit im not allowed to use.

For me there's absolutely nothing appealing about it at all. Fair play to the guys that do it, just not my bag.

I'm a martini spread, anytime, any place, any where as long as the monies right , and it don't hurt to broaden your horizons, take a trip out side your comfort zone

Status
Not open for further replies.