The wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
Fed up waiting for people to come to a job im on. Theyve now waisted the whole morning for me. Was supposed to go and price two jobs this morning and take the afternoon off. Now I ve got to go back to a site at 1pm then price the other jobs. Total wasted time about 4hrs. :mad:

I hate waiting but the bloke i work with cant wait for anything the most impatient person i have ever met even between trowels he cant keep still you look round and all your kit is packed away and in the van its quality :)

I thought the same kirk but it turned out it was my brothers birthday today so i will have to put up with another sore head tomrrow ;D

Usually by the time the 1st sets done I feel fine,
Walls look like a ploughed field though ;D ;D

Bod said:
I hate waiting but the bloke i work with cant wait for anything the most impatient person i have ever met even between trowels he cant keep still you look round and all your kit is packed away and in the van its quality :)
my mates the same . he been the game 33yrs now and still hsnt grasped the art of waiting. once the set is and flat he goes and puts another 1 on sometimes if its hanging. and on the final set. i clean of my trowel and hes already put everything away van running. so its trowel in box. bib and brace off and in the van. Suits me ;D

steve cov said:
do you wear shirt, tie and top hat aswell? calling all the gaffers sir
na jst wen i started with the guy he wore them and chucked me a pair on my first day. still wrk with him 50/50 now though and still wear the bib and brace. cnt get in his van with plaster on me. plus im a clean freak aswell. do the labs head in ;D

i used to wear the decorators trousers and take them off at the end of the day but its annoying wearing 2 pairs of trousers all day. feels like you cant move. i was tempted to get the bib and brace once but my mrs said i was turning into the bloke i work with so i flapped it haha.

Im the same. I wanted to get a pair of decs bibs but I wear knee pads in me keks so it would be too restricting.
Thought about the other dungaree ones with knee pads but Ive seen a mate in em and he looked a right meff.

steve cov said:
i used to wear the decorators trousers and take them off at the end of the day but its annoying wearing 2 pairs of trousers all day. feels like you cant move. i was tempted to get the bib and brace once but my mrs said i was turning into the bloke i work with so i flapped it haha.
stick some shorts on job sorted ;)

what about winter? f**k walking out the house in the morning in shorts. i might brave it and buy some bib and brace haha!

winter hasnt realy botherd me you dnt real fell the cold on ur legs. I wore my shorts wen i wus in canada wrking. and you dnt feel the cold on your legs

ive got some snickers trousers with all the pockets, their good but i do prefer having overalls so your clean at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.