The trade needs more apprentices

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Danny Danny you have had nearly 24 hours to think about something to say and this is it? Come on young crunch weve already covered this ground your grasping at straws, once PVA is mixed with sand and cement it no longer becomes PVA on its own the same as if you mix cement with gypsum it becomes something else.

I have a family and have been working you plum. Truth known I haven't given it a second thought, it's not that important to me.

And it still re-emulsifies whether its in sand and cement or not.

There that took me all of 2 minutes to think about. Is that fast enough for you?

I have a family and have been working you plum. Truth known I haven't given it a second thought, it's not that important to me.

And it still re-emulsifies whether its in sand and cement or not.

There that took me all of 2 minutes to think about. Is that fast enough for you?

Yep youve not got a scooby doo :)

:RpS_lol: So I haven't got a clue because I choose to use the a slightly more expensive material that is much more suited to the application.

I've a feeling that I'm not the only one on here that wont use PVA outside.

:RpS_lol: So I haven't got a clue because I choose to use the a slightly more expensive material that is much more suited to the application.

I've a feeling that I'm not the only one on here that wont use PVA outside.
You sound like the only one saying it coz its only me and you xx

1307773012881.gif

So, anyway, do we need more apprentices? I would say yes but I don't think that many have enough work on to employ one. Best thing that can happen is for somebody who is interested to gain the experience on the job and to learn why things are done and also how to put things right when others have messed them up.

I've had 6 or 7 apprentices from Burnley collage over the past 15ys most have been on a full time coarse 1st,and most have been bloody useless,2have been superb and one ok.
the one I've got now is thicker than a great redwood tree trunk.
also I've used PVA on all rendering since I started in 86,put it in mixers or/and stippled on as a slurry,and I have NEVER had a failure,and I've rendered hundreds upon hundreds of houses.

Ps I'm not calling the collage ,it's just that plastering seems to attract the complete numptys of this world with zero brain matter and even less common sense.

Ps I'm not calling the collage ,it's just that plastering seems to attract the complete numptys of this world with zero brain matter and even less common sense.
Their spelling is not great either, collage confused me for a while.

Their spelling is not great either, collage confused me for a while.
I left school with **** all in exams,I was not thick just hated school,all I wanted to do was play out and make dens and stuff when I was young,( ofcoarse women and beer came into it in my teens as well :) )the best den builder in Burnley me.
im not the cleverest pube on a ballsack ,but i have plenty of common sense,so i learnt a good trade,i listened to my boss,did EVERYTHING he said and grafted my little ass off,laboured on 6 plasterers at times,hard work,and I swear nowadays lads would rather sit on there arses than graft hard for crap money,they don't look at the bigger picture,want all the rewards at the from the off.
i get 20year olds moaning that I have a car a van and a nice house and they aint got owt,go figure,it's taken me 28 years to get my little bit in life yet these f**k**s want it straight away.
anyway,I still use PVA. On rendering ;)

Yep contributing **** all as usual.
Not really Flinny as you know this has all been covered before PVA has been scientifically proven to to become live when affected by moisture and as has been said many people have used it including myself to no ill affects, search the archives and you will see that I have previously contributed to similar threads just happy to see that you still fall for my bait xx

I left school with **** all in exams,I was not thick just hated school,all I wanted to do was play out and make dens and stuff when I was young,( ofcoarse women and beer came into it in my teens as well :) )the best den builder in Burnley me.
im not the cleverest pube on a ballsack ,but i have plenty of common sense,so i learnt a good trade,i listened to my boss,did EVERYTHING he said and grafted my little ass off,laboured on 6 plasterers at times,hard work,and I swear nowadays lads would rather sit on there arses than graft hard for crap money,they don't look at the bigger picture,want all the rewards at the from the off.
i get 20year olds moaning that I have a car a van and a nice house and they aint got owt,go figure,it's taken me 28 years to get my little bit in life yet these f**k**s want it straight away.
anyway,I still use PVA. On rendering ;)
I am with you, I get to hear that crap all the time..

Not really Flinny as you know this has all been covered before PVA has been scientifically proven to to become live when affected by moisture and as has been said many people have used it including myself to no ill affects, search the archives and you will see that I have previously contributed to similar threads just happy to see that you still fall for my bait xx
LOL you ****** i was just about to give you the bait banter :) And as ive said on its own (appart from the external PVA which ive never used) it does reemulsify but once mixed with cement its hard enough to get off your skin never mind a surface.

Ah but sometimes just sometimes those who CAN get p.issed off with doing it day in day out for a crust and teaching in terms of physical effort is a much better payer than doing :RpS_thumbup:
So your saying the best person to teach the next generation of spreads is a unenthusiastic, burntout, bitter, ex spread who's that p.issed of with the job he no longer wants to do it himself. Should imagine those classes would be fun,

So your saying the best person to teach the next generation of spreads is a unenthusiastic, burntout, bitter, ex spread who's that p.issed of with the job he no longer wants to do it himself. Should imagine those classes would be fun,
I can teach all that Scott :RpS_thumbsup: does that mean i,m a teacher :RpS_unsure::RpS_wink:

No your just making that assumption.

The good teacher demonstrates, but its the superior teacher that inspires, all im saying is that those teachers are few and far between.

Is there loads of wrok in GB or something,there would be loads of aplicants for appentiships in ireland if there was work to go to but its really hard to find any workall over the country.I taught england was in ression too

Is there loads of wrok in GB or something,there would be loads of aplicants for appentiships in ireland if there was work to go to but its really hard to find any workall over the country.I taught england was in ression too
Apparently this thick piece of tree trunk i have a the mo says there are only 2 lads next year on the plastering coarse, its **** if its true,they all want a easy trade

Status
Not open for further replies.