The size of it mate

Members online

What do you reckon is the best width of trowel for plastering? NOT ABOUT THE LENGTH of it mate ok. Is 4inch to stiff or does it want to be stiff? Stick with 5 wide? I know the flexies go to 4inch wide but their ripple down my wall go back and sand trowels. Thinking about getting an xtra lite marshy carbon. Was tempted with nela carbon but think their 4 and 3/4 and i dunno about them.

What do you reckon is the best width of trowel for plastering? NOT ABOUT THE LENGTH of it mate ok. Is 4inch to stiff or does it want to be stiff? Stick with 5 wide? I know the flexies go to 4inch wide but their ripple down my wall go back and sand trowels. Thinking about getting an xtra lite marshy carbon. Was tempted with nela carbon but think their 4 and 3/4 and i dunno about them.

They don't ripple down the wall if you use them at the very end.

Four and 3/4 or 5 in width should’nt make much of a difference,whatever your used to.

G for getting pegged
G for Gavine
G for GOGGLEBUM

Too obvious. f**k off. Surely you could manage more than one post before you blew it you daft c**t?

Abb bc d Tbf that nela carbon is good
Me personally aren’t into there flex at all or any brand but do have three different carbon brands and the nela is a joy to use

I dont think width of blade has much effect on finish.

Arguably a wider trowel can hold more gear so you could say it could help you get it down faster

You can trowel up with a speedskim with a blade less than a 1mm