The PFT Ritmo Survey

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

There are quite a few Ritmos out there being used now. I am curious for feedback.

What do you use your Ritmo for ?

Does the Ritmo do what you expected it to do ?

Does the Ritmo do what you were told it would do ?

Have you found the Ritmo not up to any job you asked of it ?

Was you training helpful and is your back up good enough ?

How long does it take for you to set the Ritmo up?

Would you be without your Ritmo ?

Is there a machine you think would suit you better than a Ritmo and why ?

Any other comments you can leave are appreciated.

As you probably know we bought the Ritmo Powercoat 110v with the render conversion.
We're not used to the machine enough to comment on its limitations.
I would say that it's not quite as plug and go as some of the blurb says but I'm also confident that with a little (cough) help from Stuart, Les and perhaps Ian after his generous offer, we will master this machine in a little time.
What I would say is that some of the design features are a little bizarre or a bit awkward. For instance to turn the water on you turn the switch to orange but to turn the machine on you turn that switch away from orange to white. No wonder people don't notice that the water switch isn't on. And why the hell are the water inlets so far round making it awkward to get the geko fittings on and off sometimes, especially when you've got cold fingers.
All that said, to anyone that's not into machines as yet if you're wondering as I did whether a 14ltr a minute was worth the bother well I'd say that it's a lot faster than hand spreading trust me.

Really happy with my Ritmo l 240. Sprays basecoat and bucket coat beautifully. It's a little slow spraying mono renders but we still managed to get on 130m2 the other day at 12mm over pre rend.

Excellent bit of kit which takes me 10 mins to set up and clear away.

I have a ritmo m 240 v, had it about 6 months. I would say I love it. I have had it six months and have just about got to grips with it fingers crossed. I would say the days training was not enough, but then again I'm thick as **** and could not take in,needed a idiot manual lol. The second job I did had 6 colours and 1200 2m of mono and did not realise you had to change the water for different colours. Big learning curve. I had led lord on speed dial and he went above and beyond to help. I would have been ****** without him. The only bad points are the hose at 15 m is not long enough at times and it sprays at 14/15 litres per minute, and just feel I would like to get it on faster. If I ever earn some money lol I think I will treat myself to a g4 as a second machine. I bought the skim set up as I extra, but not used it yet and would also like the texting gun and compressor, we will see how long it takes me to grasp that, with my special needs lol.

Reactions: Zet
Will be using my ritmo l 240v to spray a 150 square metre ceiling on Monday morning. Two spreads and lab on the gun. Will generate between 4-500 squid in one set. If I'm feeling particulary anal I may film it as its the biggest we've done. I will say though be prepared for an expensive bit if kit to sit in the garage coz i don't know anyone that uses ritmos every day.

My ritmo m needs a brain transplant. I think I'm one of the unlucky 1 in a 1000 that will have an intermitent but debilitating electrical fault that can't be remedied on site. I'm rather philosophical about it as its been an excellent purchase until now and it does compliment my business well. Blones looked at it within an hour and tested and changed components as quickly as you could ever expect. Turns out the frequency converter is behaving badly but intermittently so a new ones been ordered from pft Germany. All labour & parts free of charge of course. The only thing lost is time & money wasted on site but we were able to organise other work at short notice to compensate. Hasn't gone down well with the guy I'm spraying for as they're behind as it is and our machine problems are compounding things further.
Im past stressing about things like in the early days and am quite blasé these days. So in summary I won't lie, I am a little disappointed that the reliability of buying new has lead to lost income and trust in its reliability. It'll take a little time to rebuild confidence in it. **** happens tho and good backup is essential. Blones has been second to none and has done all I could ask to help out(use of g5 & genny too) so if your investing, make sure proximity and good service of a dealer is top of your list.

Really happy with my Ritmo l 240. Sprays basecoat and bucket coat beautifully. It's a little slow spraying mono renders but we still managed to get on 130m2 the other day at 12mm over pre rend.

Excellent bit of kit which takes me 10 mins to set up and clear away.

well jolly good old boy quaff quaff quaff

:RpS_biggrin:

My ritmo m needs a brain transplant. I think I'm one of the unlucky 1 in a 1000 that will have an intermitent but debilitating electrical fault that can't be remedied on site. I'm rather philosophical about it as its been an excellent purchase until now and it does compliment my business well. Blones looked at it within an hour and tested and changed components as quickly as you could ever expect. Turns out the frequency converter is behaving badly but intermittently so a new ones been ordered from pft Germany. All labour & parts free of charge of course. The only thing lost is time & money wasted on site but we were able to organise other work at short notice to compensate. Hasn't gone down well with the guy I'm spraying for as they're behind as it is and our machine problems are compounding things further.
Im past stressing about things like in the early days and am quite blasé these days. So in summary I won't lie, I am a little disappointed that the reliability of buying new has lead to lost income and trust in its reliability. It'll take a little time to rebuild confidence in it. **** happens tho and good backup is essential. Blones has been second to none and has done all I could ask to help out(use of g5 & genny too) so if your investing, make sure proximity and good service of a dealer is top of your list.

Hi Goody what was the actual problem with the frequency convertor? what sort of error codes were displayed?, just as mine was playing up today and I have been told that my frequency convertor may be goosed!!!!
It was a day from hell I was counting on the ritmo for this job as I was working from a tower!! putting on by hand without a spot board was a complete nightmare:RpS_mad:
Anyway its being looked at Friday hopefully its something silly!!!

its a ritmo m from stuart ,who is coming to have a look Friday. It sounds like it has a loose connection or a relay not engaging properly sort of a ticking noise.
I'm hoping its not a problem I have caused in fact i'm pretty certain its not.Its just a bummer loosing a good days work with weather okish at the mo

I bought my ritmo L 240v in February this year.it took a few months to really understand the machine and the way it runs.i have used it for applying CPI,mp75,mono and hardwall.there have been times when I questioned if it was a good investment or not but I have no doubt it's the way forward.
If I had bought it second hand without any back up from a pft dealer(blones) I have no doubt I would of got rid in the first few months.ian has been first class from the start and really does know his stuff.
I used it on a few jobs at the start which looking back I should of hand balled as it would of been a lot quicker and less stressful.i have recently bought a compresser and the gun to spray bucket coats but have yet to use it with the machine yet.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Had trouble spraying parinter today, had machine on genny as normal and kept having problems with the motor not starting and getting error codes, it would drive after switching machine off for a few mins, but then it would slow down and stop and then come up with an alarm and error code again.
If you listen to it carefully there's ticking noises coming from the freq convertor like a dodgy connection or dodgy relay.
Gave up with it in the end and put it back on the van as needed to get some on the wall before dark, I plugged it in at my lock up when I got home and now it doesn't want to do anything just alarm, ticking noise then a cpf07 error code.

Do you think there's any money left in acrylics john?

Depends on the job and yhe chain of people creaming off before the renderer gets at it.

Put it this way the rate for acrylic is lower now than in 2004.

Every one is an ewi installer now too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Had trouble spraying parinter today, had machine on genny as normal and kept having problems with the motor not starting and getting error codes, it would drive after switching machine off for a few mins, but then it would slow down and stop and then come up with an alarm and error code again.
If you listen to it carefully there's ticking noises coming from the freq convertor like a dodgy connection or dodgy relay.
Gave up with it in the end and put it back on the van as needed to get some on the wall before dark, I plugged it in at my lock up when I got home and now it doesn't want to do anything just alarm, ticking noise then a cpf07 error code.
Without looking at it it sounds to me like The control circuit is damaged.

Good diagnostics there flynny

It does sound like theres an issue with the frequency convertor,

Will bring my ritmo on friday, your more then welcome to use mine til we get yours resolved.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Ive had our machine do this when the lab over tightened the clampable r/s. Was over loading the motor and shutting down.

Its a bummer I love the machine when it's goin right just when it goes wrong it's the biggest headache.
thanks Stuart I think I will take you up on that, it is nice to know that after buying these machines your not left in the dark. So far the after sales support has been exceptional even advice on how to do the job can't complain with that
i just hope she's not out if action for too long

Bit of a learning curve these machines. I have had problems and rung Les up at PFT Northern who always answers the phone. Each time it has been down to operator error like forgetting to turn the water on to the water barrel or not cleaning down the air hole on the gun. Did have a leak on the water pump which caused some problem. Took it to PFT northern 16 miles away and Stuart was there who kindly replaced all the seals and got me back up and running.

But you make silly mistakes and learn by them. Now those big gables can be something to look forward to. Bugger that hand board and trowel graft!

Reactions: Zet
Bit of a learning curve these machines. I have had problems and rung Les up at PFT Northern who always answers the phone. Each time it has been down to operator error like forgetting to turn the water on to the water barrel or not cleaning down the air hole on the gun. Did have a leak on the water pump which caused some problem. Took it to PFT northern 16 miles away and Stuart was there who kindly replaced all the seals and got me back up and running.

But you make silly mistakes and learn by them. Now those big gables can be something to look forward to. Bugger that hand board and trowel graft!

Yea I've already done the air hole one lol, stuart came out to site and kindly pointed out I only had 2 holes clear on the skim set!!! I always look forward to using the machine it just puts a grin on your face when you have a good day and not had to sweat your ball bags off.

Oh and a major learning curve, I wish there could be more of a set up guide on the manufacturers bags so I can just adjust to suit straight away.
I get annoyed when it takes me half a bag to gauge the mix!!!
Lol setting up the machine is like a major check list god knows what it would be like flying a plane!:RpS_blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.