The NELA PlasticFlex Trowel Review

Members online

I have been behind plastic trowels from the year dot, and you can read about all my experiences with them on here and also on The Plasterers Forum. I have always liked how they troweled up multi finish and how easy it was on your joints as you don’t need to apply the pressure like you would with your standard trowel.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/the-nela-plasticflex-trowel-review/

Nela-PlasticFlex-1024x683.png

it's not going to win the pullitzer prize for journalism but its a good, honest review. well done, dan. so, if its not broke dont try and fix it ?

its one of the hardest ones I have written.... but tried to get my thoughts out there :D

I like that you've actually been fairly unbiased. I'd imagine theres alot of financial and personal ties to the nela brand so to say they've essentially created a pointless tool is gutsy. Also being honest do you think maybe nela are trying to make too many tools now and should maybe refine the s*p*r*lex + keep it well stocked before they keep throwing new tools out?

I can assure you Danny doesn't have a financial tie or personal ties to NeLa. He has only met the owner in Germnay twice at a trade shows.

The only people with Financial ties to NeLa UK are myself, Andy and Frank who's owns NeLa Germany.

With regards to making sure the stock of NeLa is kept up, NeLa GmbH have invested in a new factory which is 4 x the size of the previous.

The demand was and continues to be so high, neither NeLa or myself were prepared. We expected it to be taken well in the trade but not so well so quickly

I like that you've actually been fairly unbiased. I'd imagine theres alot of financial and personal ties to the nela brand so to say they've essentially created a pointless tool is gutsy. Also being honest do you think maybe nela are trying to make too many tools now and should maybe refine the s*p*r*lex + keep it well stocked before they keep throwing new tools out?
To be honest I am always unbiased and try and stay impartial... if it's good to bad I will say it but if I like something I like it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

There is no financial gain for me by the way...lol

I can assure you Danny doesn't have a financial tie or personal ties to NeLa. He has only met the owner in Germnay twice at a trade shows.

The only people with Financial ties to NeLa UK are myself, Andy and Frank who's owns NeLa Germany.

With regards to making sure the stock of NeLa is kept up, NeLa GmbH have invested in a new factory which is 4 x the size of the previous.

The demand was and continues to be so high, neither NeLa or myself were prepared. We expected it to be taken well in the trade but not so well so quickly

When i said nela brand i meant that your heavily involved with the forum and being sole importer your effectively nela to us lot so with your sponsor relationship its good he can/will still give an honest review of your/their products.

When i said nela brand i meant that your heavily involved with the forum and being sole importer your effectively nela to us lot so with your sponsor relationship its good he can/will still give an honest review of your/their products.

Sorry mate, read it a different way. Some people have said it previously and I just thought I should clarify.

We do obviously pay a fair amount to be involved with the forum. A reason why we do is for reviews like this.

Whether it's good or bad, it gives us the ability to learn more, know what the trade needs and develop the best products possible.

If Danny said he liked it when he didn't, I personally wouldn't like that as it's unfair and I'm sure legally wouldnt be right.

I met frank a few times I think 3 trade shows and then again last week...

But yes I always try and stay impartial....

Sorry mate, read it a different way. Some people have said it previously and I just thought I should clarify.

We do obviously pay a fair amount to be involved with the forum. A reason why we do is for reviews like this.

Whether it's good or bad, it gives us the ability to learn more, know what the trade needs and develop the best products possible.

If Danny said he liked it when he didn't, I personally wouldn't like that as it's unfair and I'm sure legally wouldnt be right.

No problem we all have a nibble too quick at times [emoji39]

i like dannys unbiased review. hes got spunk. hes between a rock and a hard place. if he had said the trowel was the best thing since bread came sliced he would have been accused of being biased. in the end its down to the individual. never thought id like the sanz trowel because it looks cheap and nasty but its the tits. others will not like it. so it goes. i use the s*p*r*lex and eze spat day in day out. both great tools. so if the price isnt too outrageous ill try one. i gots to know

I met frank a few times I think 3 trade shows and then again last week...

But yes I always try and stay impartial....

So you going to ship that plastic tosh your not keen on out to anyone so they can give it a go? Clearly ur not going to use it cus u think its crap and i smashed my TPF cup last weeks so 2 birds 1 stone and all that [emoji6]

i like dannys unbiased review. hes got spunk. hes between a rock and a hard place. if he had said the trowel was the best thing since bread came sliced he would have been accused of being biased. in the end its down to the individual. never thought id like the sanz trowel because it looks cheap and nasty but its the tits. others will not like it. so it goes. i use the s*p*r*lex and eze spat day in day out. both great tools. so if the price isnt too outrageous ill try one. i gots to know
I don't like the sanz one either... when we get advertisers on I tell them from day 1 I won't be bought....lol

I think they are around £20...

Ditto but with a speedscam, saves me a load of time and personally i think there great but others don't. Although i added a 6th (seriously) trowel to my toolbag on friday. A 14" x 4" MT with a wooden handle....had one that size 10 years ago and not seen/noticed the 4" since so had to get one. And a 14" hawkboard cus after 8 years mines just a touch bent from a few too many hammer cleans