the mystical first drop

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistersmooth

anyone ever had one of these mystical first drops that merchants are always promising?my first drop arrived at 4.50 this afternoon!!would of been good to have known in advance-could of stayed in bed

skip companys aswell! the only time we've ever had a proper first drop was with some ready mix concrete so its a good job we got there in time!

I had one last week.... arrived at 730am....couldn't bloody believe it!!! First time for everything I suppose! 8)

Last thursday i ordered a pallet of cement to be first drop this morning that didnt turn up till 12 luckily we had 6 bags other wise we wouldnt of even started today, Total tossers the lot of of em.

I had a kick off with the fella on the blower about where my gear was, he said "what would you like me to do about it" cheeky c**t so I said " you can get in your F*****g car and deliver my gear t**t" Still didnt get it.

Bruce Willis said:
I had a kick off with the fella on the blower about where my gear was, he said "what would you like me to do about it" cheeky (french person) so I said " you can get in your (french word)in car and deliver my gear (french word)" Still didnt get it.

use someone else. then when they dont deliver. use someone else again etc.

Job i was on today the guy said he couldnt deliver coz a copper said he cant drive down coz he wouldnt fit coz of parked cars, anyway the customer rang the police found out who the copper was and spoke to him he said he saw the pickup reversing out but never said anything to him, he said im quite small with a bald head ask him what i looked like to see what he says, lol lying b*****d was too scared of hitting a car so f**k*d off.

flynnyman said:
Job i was on today the guy said he couldnt deliver coz a copper said he cant drive down coz he wouldnt fit coz of parked cars, anyway the customer rang the police found out who the copper was and spoke to him he said he saw the pickup reversing out but never said anything to him, he said im quite small with a bald head ask him what i looked like to see what he says, lol lying (french person) was too scared of hitting a car so (french word)ed off.

to be honest mate i'd be glad. some of the drivers i've seen are shocking. 1 bloke took an hour to drop 2 pallets of boards and 2 pallets of bags. back and forth. up and down.

We ordered 20 ton of sand yesterday didnt expect it there till tomorrow got on site this morning at 7:30 and 20 ton of sand sitting there :eek:

easiest way to get first drop is to use the nearest builders merchants innit? or am i just being dense ;D

You say that Chris but we did a job stones throw away from the merchants i wont name them who we have an account with and i was promised first drop on some plasterboard come 11 oclock we had 2 tackers on site twiddling there thumbs with nothing to do, phoned the merchants and our order was 5 miles away :eek: said they will be with you after dinner :mad: basically we have a new rep we deal with and he dont work in our favour hes done this a few times now and its starting to piss us off a bit all this hassel and we are on there board in there top 10 customers makes you wonder.

richardbrown said:
the problem is EVERYONE wants first drop lol

yeah you ask them for first drop. they say yes, phone them at 8.30 and they say 'oh hes just making a quick drop then he'll be there'

also you no if you leave home with out your first drop you ganan be tossing up all day weather to do it at the customers house or go off and find a safe drop off zone.

oasis said:
also you no if you leave home with out your first drop you ganan be tossing up all day weather to do it at the customers house or go off and find a safe drop off zone.
;D ;D ;D

Had a wickes kitchen turn up at 6.30 pm last friday supposed to be first thing, funnily enough in Spain where they are so laid back deliveries are realy good one day i needed a ton bag of sand pronto on a job and all the lorries were out so they delivered it two miles down the road for me with the fork lift, wouldnt happen here.

lucius said:
Had a wickes kitchen turn up at 6.30 pm last friday supposed to be first thing, funnily enough in Spain where they are so laid back deliveries are realy good one day i needed a ton bag of sand pronto on a job and all the lorries were out so they delivered it two miles down the road for me with the fork lift, wouldnt happen here.

didnt it leak out between the forks ? ???

Chris W said:
oasis said:
;D ;D ;D

or even worse you have first drop at home then out of no were your on site and an unexpected second drop turns up trying to force its way threw!

Status
Not open for further replies.