The jobs ready to go !

johniosaif

Private Member
Went to look at a job today , they said it’s ready to go , it was outside re render over pebble dash , they had painted a grit on it , turns out it was thistle bond it from BG , I said it’s not suitable, needs parex parinther or similar, they settled on eml’ing it with riblath ,

Went to look at a job today , they said it’s ready to go , it was outside re render over pebble dash , they had painted a grit on it , turns out it was thistle bond it from BG , I said it’s not suitable, needs parex parinther or similar, they settled on eml’ing it with riblath ,

i think that i would give that job the swerve !

Knock it off John. It won’t hold render as you know.
Could use poly modded and pin but even then you’re going on to an interior bonding agent.
Get it off

You can charge them extra to kango it all off now mate. :birra:

I think ribbed eml is a solution, the best solution maybe not , but considering that they want to keep the original on

Well , considering they thought thistlebond it was the solution,

I had to do the internals for a site agent
(firm I was working for paid the deposit to keep him sweet)
the lads i worked for in liverpool in the 2008 crash
cuunts were in each others pockets...

the firm bought about 20 old houses in liverpool on the same street...

all dashed
k rend over dash

it slumped cracked every house.

I'm no expert in render john
but I'd take the dash off.
them old houses are a brutal.

I had to do the internals for a site agent
(firm I was working for paid the deposit to keep him sweet)
the lads i worked for in liverpool in the 2008 crash
cuunts were in each others pockets...
You

the firm bought about 20 old houses in liverpool on the same street...

all dashed
k rend over dash

it slumped cracked every house.

I'm no expert in render john
but I'd take the dash off.
them old houses are a brutal.
You wouldn’t trust going over ribbed lath ??

it's not that I wouldn't trust it
it's the state of what your plastering onto

the different depths in different areas of them old house john :birra:

You wouldn’t trust going over ribbed lath ??

no , not on any type of metal lath. as the sun shines on the wall the metal will expand and crack the render.
it needs a fibre mesh fitted on a Parinter base coat. you may be able to remove the thistle bond with a needle gun . what is the meterage ? i have a few bags in the lockup.

no , not on any type of metal lath. as the sun shines on the wall the metal will expand and crack the render.
it needs a fibre mesh fitted on a Parinter base coat. you may be able to remove the thistle bond with a needle gun . what is the meterage ? i have a few bags in the lockup.
Interesting re the metal expands, it’s something hadn’t thought of ,

What would the advice be if it hadn't been painted with thistle bond it? I have a job to do do which is currently very very old pebble dash, pea type, and rock solid, the customer wants the cheapest option, s/c