The Job from hell

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

robholliday85

Just finished a nightmare job ss render on a gable over a conservatory

under quoted massively

got a bloke in to help me 15 years in the trade thought i could learn a thing or 2 as ive only got 5

day 1 he smashed a window

day 2 he set fire to the dust sheets by smoking on the scaffold and droping the filter down a scaffold pole.

alan sugar moment

(it comes in 3s)

now ive been over to take photos for the insurance and theyre complanin about a few footprints on the tarmac drive

hardly visable

does anyone know any cleaning products that will get it off

had a few sleepless nights over this f**k*r let me tell you

please help

rh

A comedy of errors there mate...you just can't get the staff. Obviously there's the brick acids innit good luck

robholliday85 said:
tell me about it first bloke ive ever worked with

might have to get the old jet wash out if that doesnt work im (german word)ed

theres not much that a jet wash doesnt get off. did he pay for the window?

Don't let this clown put you off working with other people though..... Plenty of good eggs out there butt

I've found Viacal (lime scale remover) good for removing S&C without damageing the background but whatever you decide to use do a small test patch somewhere out of sight as some of these acids are very powerfull and can be disastrous especially if someone has put a more concentrated one in a standard tub (but that's a another story).

Rob u seem like a Cool Bredrin, so I will offer my expansive knowledge. If your going too use a jet wash don't hold it too close or it'll rip up a patch of the drive, and they'll b on your azz for a new drive. Try a stiff brush with a little acid though. Just don't have this other clown back again, as it sounds like he has an addiction too prescribed pain relief medication or something. Other than that just keep.it.real.

ill have a go with the Viacal and take the jetwash for backup.

no the t**t didnt pay for the window and hes not returning any of my calls. he said hed pay my excess

you live and you learn. just gonaa be a bit more weary of who i work with

thanks for the advice guys

try cement grout remover comes in small half litre tubs,
its designed to remove excess grout of ceramic tiles once the grout has dried. got this tip off a lad i know cos we had same problem on a job last year on new tarmac, it worked a treat.its acid so you have to dilute it prior, and test it on an area somewhere out of sight.

well to be honest ive let it slide

i did go round but only the son was there told him to tell his dad to call me but nothing

what goes around comes around. he lives in my village

its all big learning curve

id never had trouble with gettin my money before you hear the stories from other tradesmen and you dont think it will happen to you.

you live and you learn

You maybe should of uh........kindof...'took'..his son for payment..only temporary like. Unless he's under 18....cause that's kidnapping

Status
Not open for further replies.