The Gypsum Effect

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so it's been a week since I've been on the British Gipson mine tour and I have realised I can't shut up about it, when I'm with my friends and family I tell them all about the day and I have noticed I wear the hoody I received from there when doing quotes now and tell the customers all about the day & were the plaster comes from lol, luckily they seem interested (I hope). Please tell me I'm not the only one

" when doing qoutes " there ya go mate... you stated you did a short course and have 4 months experience.. so how can you have the first clue about plastering ? your keen fair enough.. advice for you ? yeh, go and learn the trade for at least 4 years before " doing qoutes " i have my 17th Edition... doesnt make me a spark.... like someone said... this sums the trade up these days, people wanting to jump in without the knowledge..
how many days a year does block release equate to ?? no idea and no interest in finding out mate, it was a long time ago... however it was college and site work mixed for 4 years.. you learn on site and learn the other stuff at college... what you dont do is a 5 day course and call yourself a plasterer and go out pricing jobs..lol.. anyway, as i said good luck your keen enough, just dont get too giddy.....

" when doing qoutes " there ya go mate... you stated you did a short course and have 4 months experience.. so how can you have the first clue about plastering ? your keen fair enough.. advice for you ? yeh, go and learn the trade for at least 4 years before " doing qoutes " i have my 17th Edition... doesnt make me a spark.... like someone said... this sums the trade up these days, people wanting to jump in without the knowledge..
how many days a year does block release equate to ?? no idea and no interest in finding out mate, it was a long time ago... however it was college and site work mixed for 4 years.. you learn on site and learn the other stuff at college... what you dont do is a 5 day course and call yourself a plasterer and go out pricing jobs..lol.. anyway, as i said good luck your keen enough, just dont get too giddy.....
Started on a five day course yes but then continued my training for a further two months just for the record, and as I stated I am working with a time served plasterer and with him all day, I have learnt a lot from him and yes I have done quotes but it is not hard to quotes at hole in the wall to skim a simple wall, you would have to be absolute re***d if u couldn't cope with that after a while, or I'm just a fast learner either way I couldn't care less, thanks for the good luck tho, I wish u all the best with ur further education

Status
Not open for further replies.