The Gypsum Effect

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyjustin

Right, so it's been a week since I've been on the British Gipson mine tour and I have realised I can't shut up about it, when I'm with my friends and family I tell them all about the day and I have noticed I wear the hoody I received from there when doing quotes now and tell the customers all about the day & were the plaster comes from lol, luckily they seem interested (I hope). Please tell me I'm not the only one

Right, so it's been a week since I've been on the British Gipson mine tour and I have realised I can't shut up about it, when I'm with my friends and family I tell them all about the day and I have noticed I wear the hoody I received from there when doing quotes now and tell the customers all about the day & were the plaster comes from lol, luckily they seem interested (I hope). Please tell me I'm not the only one
Take it you dont get out much marley?

Wow! you dont mess about mate...

you only posted this in Febuary:
"Hi guys, i've already been on a short intense course had a go at some rooms in my house and done a couple of things for family and I am 100% sure that I want to be a plasterer. Initially I was hoping to get the chance to work along side another plasterwork to learn more and gain more experience but I have had no luck with that. I am in the process of selling pretty much everything in my house to raise the money for a 6-10 week course so I can gain a City and Guilds or NVQ qualification."

And in this post:

"
I wear the hoody I received from there when doing quotes now and tell the customers all about the day & were the plaster comes from lol, luckily they seem interested (I hope)."

Not bad, straight out the course and quoting jobs like a pro?
Excuse my sarcasm pal but it just sums up the trade.

cant fault the enthusiasm... but how can they have the nerve to work on peoples homes ?? its not like its an easy trade to pick up even.... even after my apprentiship, i wasnt 100% confident...

The hoodie from gypsum has 'master plasterer' embroided on the back . Looks the nuts but it's could give anyone the impression the wearer knows what they are doing.

I wear mine in the house with nothing else but the wife's knickers on

The hoodie from gypsum has 'master plasterer' embroided on the back . Looks the nuts but it's could give anyone the impression the wearer knows what they are doing.

same here :RpS_thumbsup:

"Hi guys, i've already been on a short intense course had a go at some rooms in my house and done a couple of things for family and I am 100% sure that I want to be a plasterer. Initially I was hoping to get the chance to work along side another plasterwork to learn more and gain more experience but I have had no luck with that. I am in the process of selling pretty much everything in my house to raise the money for a 6-10 week course so I can gain a City and Guilds or NVQ qualification."

And in this post:

"
I wear the hoody I received from there when doing quotes now and tell the customers all about the day & were the plaster comes from lol, luckily they seem interested (I hope)."

Plastering is a skill and like most skills some people are naturally gifted and take to a hawk and trowel like a natural. Some people can be taught to juggle in a few minutes others hours. Marleyjustin May well be one of the naturally gifted and has learned the art of cleanly lifting material off a hawk with a trowel and smoothing over a surface and should be commended for this :RpS_thumbup:

That said, there is no way on Earth that anyone can learn the many , many different aspects to our trade in a short space of time. You can learn plastering in weeks, to become a plasterer takes years!

Glad you enjoyed the tour, gutted I missed it ......again.

Pics or it never happened.

Whist on the tour,gypsum assessed my work . I am pleased to say that their results proved that i am not a "courser" or a "chancher" . They did point out the fact that , I am F*CKING Liability to any site. Glad they cleared this up and on a happy note got my hard copy white book today in the post :RpS_thumbsup:

Right lads. Couldn't work the camera to take a pic of myself wearing the wife's knicks. So I've give you lot a treat. Something to pull your pud over

hi rob hope you're colour co- ordinated with the wife's:RpS_thumbsup: knickers to do the hoodie justice:RpS_lol:

Right lads. Couldn't work the camera to take a pic of myself wearing the wife's knicks. So I've give you lot a treat. Something to pull your pud over

I've a better idea rob,why don't you take a pic of your wife in the knickers and put it on?

If u wasn't confident u wasn't ready mate✌️

lol... I can only hope to be as competant as you one day then hey... maybe my 4 years at college and apprentiship were wasted and I should have done a 5 day course ? remember.. I learnt ALL aspects of the trade, not just skimming boards mate... i have to explain to you, I meant not confident in all aspects, remind me how many floors you screeded or how much plaster cornice you fitted ?? you reckon your ready then ?

And in this post:

"

"Like a pro" lol please don't put words in my mouth, if u must know yes Iv only been in the trade for 4 months & I am in partnership now with a plasterer who has been in the game for 10 years so I have no worries,I am confident in my work & anything I can't handle I don't do but I learn from others that can, his been plastering for 10 years & still learning, & iv seen some so called "time served plasterers" work & I now take that with a pinch of salt as there work don't reflect that, for the record this is not aimed at the majority it's just some iv came across.

lol... I can only hope to be as competant as you one day then hey... maybe my 4 years at college and apprentiship were wasted and I should have done a 5 day course ? remember.. I learnt ALL aspects of the trade, not just skimming boards mate... i have to explain to you, I meant not confident in all aspects, remind me how many floors you screeded or how much plaster cornice you fitted ?? you reckon your ready then ?

Ok me big stuff u can get off ur high horse now, I started with 5 day course the I took it further & did my NVQ Level 2 & city & guilds in all aspects of plastering and yes even though I have completed this I am still learning, so here's a lesson for u today, try to be less negative & more positive, just saying

so you should be mint then... after the 5 dayer and 4 months experience... i look forward to learning from your posts mate.. good luck for the future...

so you should be mint then... after the 5 dayer and 4 months experience... i look forward to learning from your posts mate.. good luck for the future...
Just for the record, would you mind telling me 1) how long you've been plastering for and 2) how many days a week did you go to college?

1. 33 years
2. we did block release...

I think as has been said on this thread, whats annoying is you did a short course, then after 4 months are out pricing jobs, when really you should be learning the trade first ...

1. 33 years
2. we did block release...

I think as has been said on this thread, whats annoying is you did a short course, then after 4 months are out pricing jobs, when really you should be learning the trade first ...
So bock release equals how many days per year exactly? And if u read the feed properly I clearly stated that I am working with an experienced plasterer which means I'm going everywhere & doing everything he is & learning new things everyday, so what r u annoyed about exactly, please explain??

I tell u wots annoying is some people out there like yourself r so goddamn ignorant that they're not even looking at the bigger picture, yes I am new to the game and I don't give a ****. I'm doing something with my life if got problem with that do one, you experience and negative comments don't intimidate me or put me off so comment away I will have a come back for everything, I have nothing to loose & everything ya gain.

And another thing mr know it all, u seem to know a lot about wot I shouldn't be doing, how about some constructive criticism and tell me what I should do!

Status
Not open for further replies.