The gym and plastering

Members online

That is f**k**g grim John. Id never knew any of that til i watched idiot abroad. I don't blame him being unimpressed, I wouldn't be happy either. More dignity crapping in a bucket than squatting over a hole in floor for fucksy sake

I ache today after greenlaning yesterday :D I have a ceiling to do tomorrow so I will be exhausted tomorrow night :D

That is f**k**g grim John. Id never knew any of that til i watched idiot abroad. I don't blame him being unimpressed, I wouldn't be happy either. More dignity crapping in a bucket than squatting over a hole in floor for fucksy sake
It dont bother me how any f**k*r lives there lives as long as no one gets hurt . Think religions a load of b*ll***s though. Just ancient books used to control people to make money. Look at church of england . Oohhhh things are looking tight lad what can we do ..... how about we do G** marriages that fetch a few quid in ......erro dont it say thou shall not bum somewhere in their holy book . Two faced lie ng bastards. Once I.ve built me wall round yorkshire I.m banning religion

Last edited:
Got a great new way to work out . Proper makes you push ye Sen. Time ye bike ride so you get to last 4 miles of woods just as it’s about to get dark . Ye fly . I know I,m 42 but I don’t want to be in middle of woods by me Sen in dark . And why do you only think I f horror movies at time like this

I remember walking through the woods in the middle
Of the night once, it were pitch black, and proper scary.
The girl I was with was sobbing her heart out.
I said to her "I don't know why your crying, I've gotta walk back on my own later :eek:.

In the gym lately I’ve reached a plateau ......so, I’ve been looking around for ideas to switch it up a bit....
First one, I’ve ditched doing free weights whilst sitting.....standing seems to need more effort.

Two, introduced a mix of cardio.......used to rely on the bike for a heart pump, then a bit on the rower......now I take no notice of time and only look at calories... try to burn 100 cals on the treadmill, followed by the bike, then the same on the rower......fast as poss....it’s hard

In the gym lately I’ve reached a plateau ......so, I’ve been looking around for ideas to switch it up a bit....
First one, I’ve ditched doing free weights whilst sitting.....standing seems to need more effort.

Two, introduced a mix of cardio.......used to rely on the bike for a heart pump, then a bit on the rower......now I take no notice of time and only look at calories... try to burn 100 cals on the treadmill, followed by the bike, then the same on the rower......fast as poss....it’s hard

Bin it completely. Do six weeks of circuit training and don't watch the clock when it comes to calories.

Bin it completely. Do six weeks of circuit training and don't watch the clock when it comes to calories.
Circuit training would require joining a “class”.........and that is never going to happen.
I just do what I can on my own. So far so good.

Circuit training would require joining a “class”.........and that is never going to happen.
I just do what I can on my own. So far so good.

yup I am not a "class" person either... hate the idea of classes... always have always will

I hate classes . Worked for someone who
S sons a P T . Gonna book him for few sessions and do low weights high reps work out

Good to see people still plugging away(y) after an impressive start to the year I burnt out and faded, mentally I start lagging first then the body follows, had a good month or so inactive and started again last week a few mornings before work, mainly stayed in the cardio room on the rower and ski erg. Great machines the concept two rower and ski erg works numerous muscle groups and gets the heart pumping to the point of needing to be sick if you really go for it. For me the mental boost of the exercise is crucial and it’s enough incentive to get me out of bed at 5.30am and into the gym for 6am, keep up the good work gents:D

I hate classes . Worked for someone who
S sons a P T . Gonna book him for few sessions and do low weights high reps work out
Classes have a lot of benefits. For starters, you'll work a lot harder than you would on your own and do stuff that you might avoid training on your own.

For me, they help with a healthy routine, too. You don't need a PT for a low weight high reps workout. Just find a gym that does pump.

Looks like this. Lots of fit women go and if you're lucky, the instructor will have big tits.

how about this class.....:baba: . (NOT THE BLOKE)

gremlins-3.png

In the spirit of the forum, I have tried to invent a bit of circuit training..........
Run 1k
Row 2k
Cycle 3k.......all A’s fast as possible with all the power & commitment I can muster.
2mins rest.
Free weights.......three differing excersises, sets of 15 with ten back squats between sets.......did two rounds of the free weights after the cardio bit and went home for a fish salad.

Reactions: Djr
Filthy f**k**s, why can’t they just integrate into our culture? They even got to s**t different.

And work out different as I found out in the Muslamic Ray Gym in Burnley. Wherever you went, there was a p**i sitting on the equipment, waiting for the Gym Rays to do their stuff.

It's a fcuking gym bench, not a sunbed, you lazy c**t.

You've seen this, of course?

In the spirit of the forum, I have tried to invent a bit of circuit training..........
Run 1k
Row 2k
Cycle 3k.......all A’s fast as possible with all the power & commitment I can muster.
2mins rest.
Free weights.......three differing excersises, sets of 15 with ten back squats between sets.......did two rounds of the free weights after the cardio bit and went home for a fish salad.

Unless it can be done in 10 mons you will struggle to keep to that

Why does it have to be done in 10 mins? You can stick to anything with some will power.

I lose track of time with lifting, but really do clockwatch with studio work. Something I hated about army PT that - no fun, no clock, no drinks, almost no rest and half the time, no idea how long it was going to go on for.

I lose track of time with lifting, but really do clockwatch with studio work. Something I hated about army PT that - no fun, no clock, no drinks, almost no rest and half the time, no idea how long it was going to go on for.
Spoken like a true crap hat

Unless it can be done in 10 mons you will struggle to keep to that
It’s a good hours work, hate running, so that bit is more of a plod. Rowing, I try to keep 200 Watts power per stroke and over 23 strokes per min. Cycle is 86+ revs per min on level 10 resistance........with the weight work I was trying to be ‘explosive’ on the contraction, and slow and tight on the negative......

I’m still grinding it out, reluctantly waking at 5.30am still gym for 6. Rowing and skierg to start then some weights and off to work for a day of mind numbing manual labour.

I’m still grinding it out, reluctantly waking at 5.30am still gym for 6. Rowing and skierg to start then some weights and off to work for a day of mind numbing manual labour.
I couldn’t do it in the morning, in the evening I like it coz I can “tune out”....and relax.....and I get a lovely nights sleep.

I couldn’t do it in the morning, in the evening I like it coz I can “tune out”....and relax.....and I get a lovely nights sleep.
It’s not an ideal time of day really but I have to squeeze in my exercise somewhere. Evenings are best after a days food means more fuel in the body for energy.