The grey area

Members online

The_one_coat_wizard

You can plaster on every single site I've ever been on with a green card (labourers) card. This is pretty much common knowledge to any one.

So what is the point in being qualified and holding the blue card?

Because if you can't do the trade you are employed to do it don't matter a f**k what colour card you have, and vice versa.

It’s all just a money making con . Got my renew mine next month . I’ve got gold level 3 . Did 3 year apprenticeship 22 years ago . I did it thinking it would secure me work in the future and get better pay . Waste of time . Any monkey can pay £1k and get assessed on the job now .

It’s all just a money making con . Got my renew mine next month . I’ve got gold level 3 . Did 3 year apprenticeship 22 years ago . I did it thinking it would secure me work in the future and get better pay . Waste of time . Any monkey can pay £1k and get assessed on the job now .

Yup and there are companies out there that give nvq out without even visiting the plasterer....

Yup and there are companies out there that give nvq out without even visiting the plasterer....
I trained a lad up on site . He paid £1k to get level 2 . The assessor came out once asked me to sign some paperwork saying he can do all those things and a month later he’s qualified

I trained a lad up on site . He paid £1k to get level 2 . The assessor came out once asked me to sign some paperwork saying he can do all those things and a month later he’s qualified

Yup.... seen it a lot of times.... completely devalues a bullshit qualification. Nobody had ever asked for it and probably never will

I got the blue card on the grandfather rule in 2010 , assessment on site ,3visits , hard to fail , heard they’re thinking of taking them off us now , I only used :produced mine Twice

looks like I will have to pack up I aint got any fcking cards /only for 3 card bragg
88EC6BA6-9930-498A-ACBE-7468D84844B4.jpeg

I bet this doesn’t happen in plumbing and electrics
Your right
Defo not on gas
With water plumbing you need min city and guilds level 2 from college which is 2 yrs at nite school with exams before you can apply for the skilled worker card via on site assessment . Then you can be assessed on site but there is the usuall charge of around £1100
My plastering one was a doddle . Just in the process of doing the plumbing one now.

Your right
Defo not on gas
With water plumbing you need min city and guilds level 2 from college which is 2 yrs at nite school with exams before you can apply for the skilled worker card via on site assessment . Then you can be assessed on site but there is the usuall charge of around £1100
My plastering one was a doddle . Just in the process of doing the plumbing one now.
Plus I've found you cant obtain plumbing insurance without proof of qualifications

Your right
Defo not on gas
You better get your arse over to the plumbing forum then!

So why are they handing out Plastering qualifications like free sweets?
It’s a joke of a trade at times. I used to be really proud to be a plasterer. Now there’s a bit of shame in it for me. Tramps trade.
Has to be to do with safety and hygiene.
Plaster a wall wrong and you can do it again i suppose. The implications for plumbing and gas & electric going wrong could be fatal...
Not saying it's right mind.

Crazy isn’t it . A plumber or spark can kill someone so obviously needs to be trained and certified. A builder can pull walls down and leave you for weeks with an unstable property and it’s ok