The eye hospital

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

I know i know every one tells you to wear safety glasses but who do? Well i do since i had a trip to the eye hospital, man it was mighty painful. I was on the first trowel on a big ceiling and a bit of fat slopped into my eye. Carried on working and finished the set, then went to site office and tried to clear it out but it was too late the plaster had burnt my eye, luckily i had washed all the plaster out, but had to go to the eye hospital and have all sorts of painful things shoved in. Turned out i had a few days off work due to not being able to see. So after 18 years of plastering its only happened once. Has this happened to any one on here?

Aye, once.
Doing a ceiling and got a good splat in the eye.
Couldnt get it out, and neither could the customer who was a nurse, using a squeezy eye wash.
Off to hospital where they numbed it a bit and scraped the plaster out my eye with a needle.
Sore for a few days. :-[
Still dont wear safety glasses :D

Happened to me too mate! Doing ceilings one day , slop of bonding in the eye  :mad:Washed it out with water then eye wash still painful i worked on like a hero ::)There was a sharp pain coming to the eye every 20 mins,could`nt bear it any longer had to go to hospital , :pAfter five hours in there (2 eye washes and 2 docs at me ) They said that the chemicals in the bonding burnt a blister the eye :(F###ing sore let me tell you!Wore the safty glasses for 2 days after it ,never bothered since ::)Work mate said i should of let it go hard then hit it slap with the hammer(smart c##t) :)

a was doin a ceiling with 1 of me mates 1time when a was training n me mate got a huge lump of fresh plaster straight in the mouth a laughed me head off but he didnt find it funny at all ;Dbet its nasty gettin it in your eyes tho a wear goggles cos a know its gona happen 1 day :cool:

Guy i work with got plaster in his eye and could'nt get it out. Waited about 6-7 hours before finally going to hospital and they said he was lucky not to be blind! Could'nt open his eye for about 3 days! Doctor said it could only be worse if he poured sulfuric acid in his eye! I always wear glasses, used to get plaster in my eyes now and then, i wear contacts so it never hurt that much but you could'nt see properly for the rest of the day, nightmare trying to get a good finish when you canny see, never mind trying to drive home in the dark! Oan the glasses!

i was knocking up a bath of sand + lime at college and it splashed and went straight into my left eye, within a couple of seconds it was absoloutly killing me, i headed straight for the eye wash thingy right at the other end of the workshop and the place was a mess that day, people everywhere, baths, buckets, stray bags of plaster used by the other group, after rinsing it religiously for 10 minutes or so it still bloomin killed for the rest of the day and was completely red! felt like someone was gouging out my eye with a wooden spoon :'(

but i still dont wear eye protection :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.