The ExtraTime Bucket Test

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I was sent a few samples of ExtraTime plaster retarder sachets. I had a good think about how to test this new product; I thought that I could spin up two batches of plaster, one with ExtraTime in, and put on some walls.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/the-extratime-bucket-test/

IMG_7461-1024x683.jpg

4 minutes difference between the two. Every little helps i suppose! Lol
The times at the end of video don't do it justice I used it in all my mixes this week...the extra time is when it's on the wall it is workable for far longer i.e flattening off and if it was on a wall and used in the laying in mix as well I was defo getting 30 mins - 60 mins longer dependant on surfaces.

Can you add more than one sachet without it completely ruining the finish.
I'm thinking throw enough in to be able to put on say 15 bags then have enough time to finish it.
1day 1hit

The times at the end of video don't do it justice I used it in all my mixes this week...the extra time is when it's on the wall it is workable for far longer i.e flattening off and if it was on a wall and used in the laying in mix as well I was defo getting 30 mins - 60 mins longer dependant on surfaces.

It was quite hard to do a fair test...

have yopu used it with UNI yet?

I'm thinking throw enough in to be able to put on say 15 bags then have enough time to finish it.
1day 1hit
Just order some and have a play with it there...I used 20 this week and think it is the business..for a tenner it's not exactly going to brake the bank.
It does say 1 per bag on site though.

It was quite hard to do a fair test...

have yopu used it with UNI yet?
I wasn't being critical of video just the end times made it look not worth bothering with .in your video people can see how fresh it is at 45 minutes and 60 minutes which they can surely see that it is doing what it says on the packet.Surprised that the guys who have to bang out the big mixes for m2 rates on here are not all over this
Did 1 bag on a dry bone wall with uni today held it back longer which is what I will be using it for also found it good for small gauges with detail work,little fliddley bit in hall,stairs,landing reskim where I had more time to clean off woodwork,skirts etc..

I wasn't being critical of video just the end times made it look not worth bothering with .in your video people can see how fresh it is at 45 minutes and 60 minutes which they can surely see that it is doing what it says on the packet.Surprised that the guys who have to bang out the big mixes for m2 rates on here are not all over this
Did 1 bag on a dry bone wall with uni today held it back longer which is what I will be using it for also found it good for small gauges with detail work,little fliddley bit in hall,stairs,landing reskim where I had more time to clean off woodwork,skirts etc..

I dont think anything could do it justice :) I tried leaving all my reactions in and also I was using the bucket trowel in my left hand which was quite funny :)

I am going to bosh some on in 2 weeks I think and I will see

But yes surprised the site chaps are not over it :D

We do a lot of sites and it holds long enough this time of year, but would be handy in summer

1day 1hit
mark here from extratime(eazymix)do,nt use over the recommened amount per bag it,s one per bag of multi.if you start to put more in it could potentially ruin the mix.

mark here from extratime(eazymix)do,nt use over the recommened amount per bag it,s one per bag of multi.if you start to put more in it could potentially ruin the mix.

If you want u can send me some extratime. I'll try it in kanuf mp finish. I'll do a set by hand and ill spray a set. For free of charge.(y)

As soon as I had finished mixing the timer was started....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Hmmmmmm should really have started when you started mixing coz over mixing will start the chemical process, ah well maybe a real test will be in the pipe line ;)

Am going to do a test with it on mp finish. I hope is can make it go for 3 half hour set. Would be good for spraying 2 scottie hits.

How long do u get with mp finish normally?
I ask as never used it.
2 half to 3 hours. Depends what way u are doing it. When I spray it it sets quicker. I had it sit for 4 hours before. The bored work needs to be good for it. No good for reskim. I can get it to go off in 2 hours if I want. All u have to do is mix up what you need leave it scrim and bead mix it up again and off u go.

Thanks Mark I received the package of ExtraTime yesterday. It will be 2 to 3 weeks before I get to test it on kanuf mp finish. I'll keep you updated how I get on.
Come on I been waiting for your verdict..

I might even start using Kanuf,

You better delete that before bg see it you wouldn't want your work to dry up ;)
Kanuf did offer but the terms were rubbish:lol:
And the plaster was white not pink or black

Like a chick said to me once 'once u had black there's no turning back'

Status
Not open for further replies.