the big freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Whats the answer guys?.

I have a lot of ewi and thin coat work from next week until about March. All these projects have to be completed but what can I/we do about the freezing weather which is about to sweep over the country.

I know Marmorit say dont use their products under 3oC.

Whats the answer guys?.

I have a lot of ewi and thin coat work from next week until about March. All these projects have to be completed but what can I/we do about the freezing weather which is about to sweep over the country.

tell the councils that you will invoice them before april and will complete the work next year.

Can you do em in mineral then paint when the weather picks up ,, I've been turning em down , just not worth the risk an aggro, using mineral is the only way I could think of getting round some of the issues when using acrylics in adverse weather conds, but even then

I have been trying to talk customers into the Marmorit and SAS mineral finish but mention paint and it,s a no-no. Lucky for me i have 3 semis to re-do in S&C if they don,t cancel. I can cover the work up and use frost proofers but take on acrylic? Not unless it was a fully sheeted scaffold and we all know private customers won,t pay for that, they will wait till May first.

I am going to meet up with my scaffolders to see about altering the scaffold so we can have some sort of roof at least. That Mono job I finished last Saturday is bleached all over but the customer still likes it? Now thats lucky!

That damn weather! Just had a lime job and a mono job postponed on me. Client prepared to wait till March when temps are likely to be better. Not much on the internals at moment so if anyone needs a squad or two up in the northeast, give us a shout. Cheers

i can't beleive that this is the first year in many that we've managed to pick up quite a bit of internal work, just struggling to get everything done before 1st Jan , put loads of renders off till march so hoping for a good year next year

Rich, the insulation will hold some thermal mass preventing the gear freezing on the wall, exceptions being driving winds direct to the elevation.

I know its a bold thing to say, but we've applied these systems for many years, throughout the country and never had a product freeze on insulation, we will continue to do it until, we're instructed to stop, but its my guess you'll never get MC's asking you to stop doing system work because of cold.

These are just my experiences mind - besides Rich your in the SW, its tropical here!

Whats the answer guys?.

If "they" want it done ,tell them to put it in writing that all risk is theirs , why should you take all the worry :RpS_angry:

You can get an additive to put in the top coat so you can work from 1 and rising instead of 5 and rising I've used it on envirowall and Sto do a qs for top coat think Marmorit do one but it £20 a pot and only enough for 1 bucket

SAS now do one too. Never had a problem with maite in the cold. I'm hoping this 0.5mm dpr will dry in no time because of the reduced thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.