That's enough ......

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

...... for this year. Big delay on the windows and doors as they're being made from rare elements by pixies in neverland. Well I presume that's why they can't deliver until the 24th of January! Still, the customer ordered them direct, so nothing to do with me. :whistle:

I explained that having no wall on the ground floor between now and then wouldn't be a great idea, so we're stopping work there until mid-January. Handy really as I need to get a kitchen fitted at home in time for Turkey Day. (y)

Coming along well though, and they liked my suggestion for using gabions to make the 'deck'.
Gabions.jpg

dont you love it when the customers f**k up gives you a surprise rest :D

Yes, although it does cause a knock on effect for the first quarter next year and buggers up your planned cashflow.

...... for this year. Big delay on the windows and doors as they're being made from rare elements by pixies in neverland. Well I presume that's why they can't deliver until the 24th of January! Still, the customer ordered them direct, so nothing to do with me. :whistle:

I explained that having no wall on the ground floor between now and then wouldn't be a great idea, so we're stopping work there until mid-January. Handy really as I need to get a kitchen fitted at home in time for Turkey Day. (y)

Coming along well though, and they liked my suggestion for using gabions to make the 'deck'.
View attachment 20458
Quality work,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 20458
Is that Solihull?

Is that Solihull?

Yeah, a sweet job really. It's 2 minutes from my house, or 15 when I go via the Costa drive through. (y)

There's some nice touches that make it interesting, an apex arch with soldier course is going on the back, vaulted ceiling with a couple of Velux, two foot thick retaining wall on the footings done with interlocking trench blocks and I've got some flitch beams to make on site. Makes a job more enjoyable when it's a bit outside the norm.

talking about your kitchen, how did the troweled up oversite turn out ?

That's in the other bit which used to be the garage, which isn't done yet. :rolleyes: I've had to do the extension in an 4rse about face way due to time and money. i.e. I have to keep earning some, which is a nuisance tbh. So the first floor is sorted bar a few bits, the kitchen is next, then in the new year I'll crack on with the front room.

What about your kitchen then, big question, will it be finished on time ?

It'll have to be operational if not completely done. The extension is expensive, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a divorce. Besides which, I've had microwaved Christmas dinners and I much prefer the full fatb4stard special. (y)

Yes, although it does cause a knock on effect for the first quarter next year and buggers up your planned cashflow.
We all know that you are not ever going to struggle with cash flow :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

We all know that you are not ever going to struggle with cash flow :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

TBH I haven't a pot to p1ss in at the moment. Everything's gone into the 'oh sh1t I'm 50 and need to get a move on getting sorted for retirement' hole. Still, it's worth it I guess? I've just got to live long enough to enjoy it. :LOL:

Is the extension to keep your new Vincent in

No Vincent's for me I'm afraid, not like you 'lodsamoney' spreads. ;)

Anyway, they're a bit too old for my tastes. The nearest I'm going to that is the '81 GSX1100 ET in bits which will be a retirement project to rebuild, and the black one if ever I actually get time to use it. I haven't ridden it since we went to the TT in 2015. :eek:

DSC_0186 (800x518).jpg

TBH I haven't a pot to p1ss in at the moment. Everything's gone into the 'oh sh1t I'm 50 and need to get a move on getting sorted for retirement' hole. Still, it's worth it I guess? I've just got to live long enough to enjoy it. :LOL:

yup we are piling all our savings into a project at the moment for that exact same reason :D

No Vincent's for me I'm afraid, not like you 'lodsamoney' spreads. ;)

Anyway, they're a bit too old for my tastes. The nearest I'm going to that is the '81 GSX1100 ET in bits which will be a retirement project to rebuild, and the black one if ever I actually get time to use it. I haven't ridden it since we went to the TT in 2015. :eek:

View attachment 20469

nice big garage that

I was hoping that my job wouldn’t be ready before Xmas, but it is. Fancied a few weeks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk