Thatched Houses

Members online

No members online now.
Flick your fag up there before you go in. On a serious note insurance can be high on them if the reroof is recent people add fire boards then roof now and that helps to bring it down

Flick your fag up there before you go in. On a serious note insurance can be high on them if the reroof is recent people add fire boards then roof now and that helps to bring it down

OK the roof looks fairly good to be honest not sure entirely when it was done but that wont be that hard to find out

a norfolk reed thatch is better quality then a straw thatch. check the quality of the netting on the thatch and the ridge these are usually the problem. these keep the birds out.

we have plastered a new build with a thatched roof in a suffolk village, the locals did not like it at all. the reed was purchased from turkey.
in the netherlands they use an imitation thatch made from fibreglass.

if i remember correctly, irish spread ,eddie said that he had worked as a thatcher

The ridge needs rethatching approx every 10 years and the whole thing needs redoing every 50ish.

Well I looked at the property and everything about it was perfect except for the actual property... the gardens worked and all the outside space was exactly as I need it... but the house it self was so hickeldy pickeldy that I had no idea how to make the inside work