Thankyou Mr Gibbo

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
They say you never stop learning.So very true. During a thread a couple of months back dicussing mock ashlar lines, ( of which we have done for years very carefully in semi drying render.I picked up a very good tip from a guy on hear using a 4 inch disk cut in half.the next day to cut lines.

Simple but very effective.

So all credit to the best forum around and a big thankyou to Mr Gibbo.

Cheers

talk us over this will yer plz explaining properly what you did, I cant understand you sutherners when u all talk amongst yourselves

I have in my head a level edge and a pencil onto wet still damp gear. not sure how he does the grinding bit. would be worrying putting a grinder onto a wall u just rendered ?

You could always use a ashlar jointer. Some old spreads might have one. I got hold of one of a retired spread 4 years ago. Tyzack made them. But saying that a stone carborundum grinding disk would work. Cutting is about 3mm and grinding about 5mm. A new wheel will be flat on the cutting edge. A bent (curved) 6 inch nail will do it as well but not as good as it is round.

I have in my head a level edge and a pencil onto wet still damp gear. not sure how he does the grinding bit. would be worrying putting a grinder onto a wall u just rendered ?

Don't think he means use the disc on a grinder, just use the disc as a tool itself :RpS_wink:

your better off out of it rock plus youll get a bad name stealing other peoples ideas

The broken disk will be patented by you know who by the end of the week and then God help anyone who inadvertently breaks one "see you in court" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.