Texturing walls

WillCall

Hi there, I am new to this forum and am in need of some advise. I am currently restoring a Victoria property and there are some walls that need re skimming but the client wants to keep the Ashlar lines and the stipple effect. I am thinking to skim the walls off, ashlar cut them whilst the plaster is setting. Await to dry before applying a stipple finish. This is where I need help. I am unsure of what I can use to give me the stipple effect materials wise. I am also quite time sensitive so will need to apply the textured finish to plaster the day after skimming. Is this possible? Any help would be amazing.

Hi there, I am new to this forum and am in need of some advise. I am currently restoring a Victoria property and there are some walls that need re skimming but the client wants to keep the Ashlar lines and the stipple effect. I am thinking to skim the walls off, ashlar cut them whilst the plaster is setting. Await to dry before applying a stipple finish. This is where I need help. I am unsure of what I can use to give me the stipple effect materials wise. I am also quite time sensitive so will need to apply the textured finish to plaster the day after skimming. Is this possible? Any help would be amazing.
download.jpg

Do it all together at the same time using your finish plaster.

Lay first coat skim on;let it pick up then lay second coat (quite a wet mix) then holding your trowel slap it with the flat of the blade against the skim and hey presto......stipple finish :sisi:

Don't use the whole blade of trowel to slap it just one end an it should stipple up.

You're welcome :bailando:

Ashland on the inside ooer misse

Well what a f**k up that was I hope that bloke that invented predictive text just fucks off and dies the c**t. Ashlar on the inside?