Textured paint - can i plaster over it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasteringsam

Hi all im very new here been reading loads of post etc etc :)

im a rookie to plastering i want in on the trade been practicing in my own time helping a pro friend out.

Any way im redoing my house and i have come across a problem my walls are split into two with dado rail
bottom half wallpaper top Textured paint i have used a steamer to take what i can off but no joy making my life harder i was wondering if i was to PVA few time then plaster would it hold.

this stuff is so hard to get off walls the lose stuff i have removed..

thnx guys

With all this talk of improving rates is it me or is there a barrage of newbies asking basic questions

wow really.

i have texted him but no reply as yet.

i come here asking a question i was not to sure about just asking for a few opinions. sorry if it was to low for a pro plaster to answer.

Use scoring tool over wallpaper until rip up everywhere and steam well until soaking wet and it should come loose...

i havent used a tool yet i left a steamer on it enough to soak it but no joy i can get under it but dosent take all off if i scrap off the dry stuff i get dust every were. im useing a heavy duty paint scaper

Try and get it off dry using a razor blade scraper or last resort steam stripper.
If it doesn't budge with steamer, chances are it's good to plaster. The heat from multi finish can cause the whole lot to come off in nearly 1 go, just like one of those good oranges you get sometimes & just as you are about to leave

Try and get it off dry using a razor blade scraper or last resort steam stripper.
If it doesn't budge with steamer, chances are it's good to plaster. The heat from multi finish can cause the whole lot to come off in nearly 1 go, just like one of those good oranges you get sometimes & just as you are about to leave

i bought new baldes today so just stuck to scrapping it all off dam hard work :) found that scraping the 1st layer off then steam the what looks like chalk and scrap off works well but alot of time..

Status
Not open for further replies.