Testing Time For The Used Van Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manheim Market Analysis shows a steady appreciation of van sale prices across all segments in May. At the same time the company, which is part of the world’s largest automotive services business, reveals the true danger of failing to present vans to buyers in their best light, with vans offered for sale with little or no MOT fetching up to £400 less than their freshly-tested counterparts.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/testing-time-for-the-used-van-market/

1083983_69141100-1024x683.jpg

Fairly obvious, if the economy's picking up and trades are getting busy, they look at replacing there van and spend money, so residual value of used vans go up.

Just had a ford dealer offer me a 6 grand trade in on a 2012 cdti vivaro with less then 25k miles on the clock,
Against a new custom.
Didn't seem overly generous.

A mate of mine has just sold a 5 yr old transit with 18k on it and got £4500 for it which i thought was a bit light.

My 12 year old T4 is worth more than that. It's actually appreciating.

I know, i have a few T4's on me watch list that may get a cheeky late bid. If i do get one it will be a long term project to convert to day van or summat.

I know, i have a few T4's on me watch list that may get a cheeky late bid. If i do get one it will be a long term project to convert to day van or summat.
There is an absolute beauty come on EBay today. One of the last T4s made. All electric windows etc. 2.5 88hp. If I had the spare cash I'd get it. Starting bid about £5600

I bought an 04 connect with only 74k on for £400 2 month ago and it'll do what i want it too for at least 2 years yet
£400 ? Wow bargain I can't get an engine for less then £1400 but to be fair I don't want an engine I need a bigger van

£400 ? Wow bargain I can't get an engine for less then £1400 but to be fair I don't want an engine I need a bigger van
I had to do a bit work on it for mot but me old connect chucked a piston through the block so became a doaner for this one. took me about 8 hrs graft to fettle it. It also helps if you have a few good mates who have garages/dealerships and know a lad with a breakers yard ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.