tesco rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Government will want huge firms to deal with enviromental contracts because this size of company can undertake the work and have customers pay for it over a number of years on tic or via some other tie in deal they might have. saves forking out millions they havnt got

Last edited:
as henry says yet again we will have to adopt the sit up and beg position

they can train the muses to dry fix the insulation but they will still need plasterers to finish it. no way could they train them that as well

they can train the muses to dry fix the insulation but they will still need plasterers to finish it. no way could they train them that as well

I know a loft lagger bones who will soon be given the nvq to fit external wall insulation from start to finish. oh yes

If you look it mentions EWI on the main screen but when you go into it it only lists cavity wall and loft insulation. Not a mention of EWI. Maybe it's in the pipeline.

Tesco have just closed down there handyman service and car sales divisions as they weren't profitable.

No doubt this will follow when they realise there is no easy money in the building game!

They'll make their money on the loans. It's like buying a car from one of the big companies, they ain't bothered what you want to drive they just want to sign you up to the loan:RpS_thumbup:

haha go for the cheapest option of ewi you could end up with blue and white striped render

Wonder if m&s will throw in a veggie side, lemon cheesecake and bottle of vino for 10k

Who is going to hock themselves for 8 grand for that s**t unless there are massive grants in a recession.

When the gov first sat down with the likes of INCA etc and the render clad companies a few years back to discuss this blueprint they were asking for house prices of around 5.5k including all logistics such as scaff etc, the responses were mainly that it could not be done, seems they have crept up to a whole of contract cost of 8k to get it up and running.

average semi = 115 M2 max average scaff about 700 plus vat for that, then around £35 quid for the mats all in with sundries, skip plus wage of community liason officer or on site contracts manager (something that is becoming common requirement for lived in works projects) and hey presto - you have your lads sticking and pin fixing ins.board for three quid just like the pilot schemes in the north

green deal - ripping the ar5e out of the trade.

When the gov first sat down with the likes of INCA etc and the render clad companies a few years back to discuss this blueprint they were asking for house prices of around 5.5k including all logistics such as scaff etc, the responses were mainly that it could not be done, seems they have crept up to a whole of contract cost of 8k to get it up and running.

average semi = 115 M2 max average scaff about 700 plus vat for that, then around £35 quid for the mats all in with sundries, skip plus wage of community liason officer or on site contracts manager (something that is becoming common requirement for lived in works projects) and hey presto - you have your lads sticking and pin fixing ins.board for three quid just like the pilot schemes in the north

green deal - ripping the ar5e out of the trade.

hear, hear.

ppl dont realise (prob even tesco as they have never done rendering before) all these upgrades will need rooflines either extended too or soffit profiles fitting along with window sill replacement/overclad. the cost of one lone house will be more than half of the total cost to the labour/profit element of it

if its to get to regs of around 0.27 or better u value, it will be 100mm insulation so yes

Maybe I fear the unknown.

I suppose i am waiting to see what will happen, maybe when the work hits the ground alot of lessons will be learnt and maybe, maybe, adjustments will be made and things may actually turn out ok and work will be passed around all of the existing EWI firms but for now i must remain a sceptic.:RpS_thumbsup:

Yet they are not talking about doing it from the inside of the house , I suppose just as many problems.

there are 22 new providers for the green deal have a look at the list here External Insulation Training Services but to even start subcontracting for the providers companies must have ISO standard and have PAS 2030 in place also all operatives need NVQII in external insulation NVQ2.jpg

How much are the course costs render and are there any grants available If there is a grant is it up to the trainer or the trainee to obtain it

Render, i was hoping since your from the toon that ya training establishment would be up here but just googled uckfield and its fooking miles away in sussex.......bugger

Jeff Howel had some intreresting things to say about insulation in the Life supplement of the Sunday Telegraph today.

Itwasnt about Ewi but about loft insulation but he says Quote:
The goverment climate change policy to stuff as much insulation as possible into everyonesl lofts and walls, without any real understanding of the problems this can cause. And of course the public subsidy to Schemes such as Warm Front has meant that much of the installation work is carried out by flybynight firms using unskilled labour. The damage caused to peoples homes by this misguided policy looks set to become a national scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.