Tennis elbow

alilake

Thanks for letting me join been Plasterin for around 20 years . Looking for tips to treat tennis elbow. Thanks in advance Ali

I had it really bad mate last year . Couldn’t even use a bucket trowel to scoop gear out of a bucket . I’ve been at it 22 years and never had any issues . I reckon it all started when I started using super flex trowels . I think use press on harder to compensate for them being more flexible. I tried all sorts physio , Straps , ice , laser therapy, numbing cream . The list goes on . None worked . It’s your bodies way of fighting back from a trauma. All I can tell you is that mine just went away in time .

Change the way you work. Avoid any movements that aggravate it, I had it for about 6 months tried accupinctre everything in the end I changed my techniques and it faded away, never came back touch wood

Once you do get over it plenty of bicep curls to strengthen the muscle avoid it coming back
Overhand grip (palm facing down) works well for that part of the muscle
Don’t do any of these until it’s totally gone though.

Thanks for letting me join been Plasterin for around 20 years . Looking for tips to treat tennis elbow. Thanks in advance Ali
Stretch the tendon as much as possible,day and night and thicken your trowel handle with tennis grip tape and a nice small trowel like 13inch that will help u massively,trust I’m riddled in it.cheers

I've had golfers elbow on inside couldn't even lift a kettle only thing worked for me was the injection,with in four days it was good to go,dosnt work for everyone so the doc says,this was 4 years ago,just had to have one in my other arm and it's worked too so if if dosnt heal itself I would deffo recommend it,also sport supports help too while its healing

I had it really bad at one stage, couldn’t even pick a pint of lager up and put it to my mouth. Found exercises online that helped, one was holding a tin of soup with your arm stretched out in front of you, back of your hand facing ceiling and lifting you hand back as far as you could. Done these every night and it definitely worked

I've. Heard uddermint is good for it? Not tried it personally but mates that are plasterers as well use it and say It helps....

Welcome along!

Make changes. Nela sorted mine out. Less pressure on the elbow. Decent tennis elbow straps. Fill a bottle of water to weight it and sit holding it, palm down, resting your arm along the arm of the sofa in the evening. Rotate your wrist up and down slowly. Strengthens the tendons

Get some wrapping for your trowel handle and make it bigger/fatter i guarantee it will stop!
That's why I don't fancy my nela' handles . My only advice will be gym. Our body is designed to be supported and moved by muscles and if they fell to do so the strength is on bones and strings etc.

I'm in agony with my elbow to.. Will try some of the tips. It's really painful but I have the added problem of my heels of my feet hurting to. Can hardly walk sometimes

I am suffering with tennis elbow and Jane has pointed out that it is how I hold stinky.... (cant even do that right) but you know what??? I am still going to pick her up as that is the best part :D When I cant physically lift her will be when I stop :D