tennis elbow

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
WHat are your experiences

I only plaster 4/5 days a month at most. It is not my main job.

Had tennis elbow for about 3 months. Prob too much heavy weight training over the years and plastering wont help. The doc gave me dyclafenic but somedays i can barley clench a fist. Truth be known im really scared as im only 37.

Can it be treated? Does it ever go away?

I find sports bandages help and i use ice packs every night.

Any other suggestions from you lads who mite have suffered?

:RpS_crying:

Not had tennis elbow but my arse has certainly suffered with fiddlers elbow whilst having s*x lol Seriously though, plastering exacerbates most joint/muscle problems. My advice? Avoid.

No piss-take here, but try pineapple & ginger - two of natures greatest anti- inflammatories:RpS_thumbup:

And cherries, fresh not tins,they clear the impurites that accumulate on joints.Also,just keep at it, its a hard physical job,body needds to adjust to it.

Windy ive posted on this loads of times it should be in the archives and i cant realy be bothered to do it again have look mate if it aint thereit maybe

Oops pressed wrong button, thinking about it should be in one of the guides what i was getting around to

pineapple, ginger, cherrys, ice cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and one of them little umbrellas, that way you will feel too sick to work anyway haha.
i have problems with my sholder and elbow im still young enough to retrain i spose but i have a wife and 2 girls so i cnt afford the pay downgrade and have to keep earning.
she better bloody apretciate it wen im curled up in a crippled ball at 40 haha.
i just have diclofenac aswell hate it though, also i bought a plastic trowel to take the pressure off my elbow, but ive said that enough times now

i dont think trowelling up shud cause tennis elbow,imo its much more to do with the way you lift your material on to your hand board ie spotboard and stand or bucket trowel,in any circumstance where you can use a b&s use it

Cheers all

Yeah think the spotboard is gonna be the way forward to relive the pain. THey just take up far too much space in domestics :huh:

no its not the cause of my elbow problem but i cnt apply the required pressure anymore but i dnt need to with the plastic trowel.
should have made it more clear sorry:RpS_blushing:

Yeah, found out its tomatoes that give me it, only fresh ones, something in the skins

yeah chilli sauce!!:RpS_laugh:
You mean like these tomatoes mate?
Recognize the tray:RpS_biggrin:
photo-464.jpg

i have problems with both elbows and both shoulders , but im 49 :RpS_crying: , was always fit and trained , im sure its just the constant pressure on your joints , i,m waiting to see a surgeon to sort my shoulders , happy days eh

Not too many old spreads around. This game completely knackers the body. I saw an older spread the other day with a bag of multi on a trolley from his van to a job he was on. Poor bugger obviously couldn't carry it the 50 or so yards.

had one last night mate......with extra extra extra chilli sauce.:RpS_drool:

has any one had a cortisone injection into elbow for treatment of tennis elbow? if so did it work? is it a long or short term treatment? are you off work for a while after its been done??:-0

ive thought about that but then thought mabey ill buy a metal elbow and get it put in place instead.
im not even jokeing i actually asked a doctor if i could have this done, he said not sure but i reckon slip him a tenner and im good to go.
my step dad has cortazone in his heel all the time and it puts him out of action for a day or 2

yes im there:RpS_laugh:.
i wonder if it will work though and if you could still plaster with one, be good wouldnt it get on site unload set up prep, quick greese of the elbow bit of wd40 and away you go

ive a a few injections in my elbows and shoulders , they wont give me anymore now :( , it does make a big difference if they hit the right spot , but my last one in my shoulder only helped for about 4 weeks then it wore off . There deffo good for a temporary fix , my 1st ones lasted for ages , but the more you have the less effective they get . Its a hard old game

The old fella I used to work for had a cortizone in his wrist about 4 years ago and he's not had a problem since. Had it after work one night and was back in the next morning.

My right shoulder is perfect...and thats my trowel arm. The left crunches and clicks. I think holding the hawk for years has fuked it up!

ive just this moment been diagnosed with tennis elbow the doc was kind enough to give me photo copies of the latest trials and reviews by the bmj which the whole artical can be seen at www.bmj.com, i will read a few extracts it says that cortisone injections helped in short term but in longer term patients was not so good and those treated with the injection was more likely to suffer a recurrence, in most circumstances cortisone should not be used, also in above post someone says they have it and only plaster about 5 days a month well it says here that putting a load on an under used tenden also causes tennis elbow
it goes on to say that trades people who regulary load the tendon are at risk of injury if the load increases or they decrease rest periods inbetween loads
the aricale goes on and on so i cant type it all for you but ill read you the summary
SUMMARY
tennis elbow is tendinopaphy of the commen extensor of the lateral elbow
cortisone injections are harmful in the longer term and are no longer recommended in most cases rehabilitation and (exercise) based treatment is helpful, but to be effective patients must usually remove tendon overload
further research is needed on newer (minimally invasive) treatments such as platelet-rich plasma injections, hyaluron gel injections, and nitrate patches
reserve surgery and botulin toxin injections for worst cases because patience can take 6 months to return to full function
many cases of tennis elbow cases will natually resolve in 6-12 months
well they say i have to rest but have got lots of work still to do in my own house and still need to be making money by working out onsite so what do i do?
this may be the last straw for me as ive got bad knees as well, i hope my reply helps anyone who has tennis elbow

It's a fecker for you mate still have to earn and keep the wolves from the door. Most have had something like it and try and work through it. Like most things to do with the body when we stop listening it will stop us sooner or later. Tough call for you hopes it gets better soon.

I did read in the paper a while back that a golfer sprays with WD on his joints may have been a wind up LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.