tendonitis

Members online

ruddez

anyone suffer tendonitis in the top of arm/ shoulder,and whats the best treatment for it other than giving up the trowel,

Most spreads have or will at some point. I've had tennis elbow and I feel for you.

You need anti inflammatories, as the. body rushes to protect the area and goes overboard which creates pain.

You can also use ice. Massaging the area is good. A physio might be able to give you exercises. Changing certain things at work, i.e. I got a nela and that helped a lot.

You need to rest it as much as you can I initially which is difficult to do granted

Hope it improves bud

yes diagnosed with the doctor as tendonitis,she may be wrong, but also cant take ibuprofen etc been given cocodamol but booking an appointment with physio this week

anyone suffer tendonitis in the top of arm/ shoulder,and whats the best treatment for it other than giving up the trowel,
I've had, over the years, at least three spreads work for me that had various pains in their trowel arms.
One thing in common? Yep they all used big trowels.
I lent them all an 11in trowel and told them to give it a proper go.
Each one became a convert and their pains went away.

Last edited:
I jarred wrist at training, must be slight tendinitis or something, keep thinkin its healing then get sharp pain in it now and again, usually towards end of a set when need to put more weight on the trowel, just to remind me it's still there.

my shoulders some mornings are in agony.
barley lift the kettle.
some reason dont feel it when spreading.
took nippers swimming for 2 hours this morning.
they feel normal again.:numberone:

yes diagnosed with the doctor as tendonitis,she may be wrong, but also cant take ibuprofen etc been given cocodamol but booking an appointment with physio this week

Yes physio will be best and maybe swim where you can as that has been good to my several aches and pains over the years.