temperture

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 degrees and rising. with the thermometer placed away from the building, not fixed to a metal pole. that is what we are told on council ewi work.

Last edited:
got a two storey garage 2 gables to render but as i'm only helping another plasterer out so ain't my job im just the middle man

don't wanna come unstuck as tempeture doesnt seem to rise at all in the day

we are rendering in Ipswich town centre on Monday, we have put lime in the scratchcoat to help the render to pull in.

As malc says 2 degrees and rising for s&c and for mono,well weber anyway say 5 degrees min application temp.

We're doing site they want 3 degrees and rising before we mix any, not the best time of year for it, same every year plenty rendering work in the winter cos nobody wants to do it. Expect us to sit on site and wait for the perfect moment

the councils always want their rendering done in the winter as they want to hold on to their money, so they do not start the work before oct, with all work finished by the end of march.

Can someone define 2 and rising.

Is it 2 when you get there and rising in the day before falling again at night. or 2 at night rising in the day.

-1 when I left for site this morning.
toastie warm inside a new build care home for the next 16weeks,; lights power and water laid on and a couple of 3kw red rads supplied by the builder.
Going to be a lovely winter this year. :)

Never even went in today 3 degrees the now, boss is on the phone moaning, wants us in regardless of the temperature just so when it goes above 3 we can get a bit done, god knows how we are ment to hit 60 m2 panels like that for £8m2.

Been off the sites for a year, works dried up so taken on some with a bigish mob. They don't pay for any ingoes(reveals) and they deduct the windows, is this the usual on sites these days. Used to get £2 linear m on them.

Back to site tomorrow to wait on the temperature or we will get punted, needs must

Never even went in today 3 degrees the now, boss is on the phone moaning, wants us in regardless of the temperature just so when it goes above 3 we can get a bit done, god knows how we are ment to hit 60 m2 panels like that for £8m2.

Been off the sites for a year, works dried up so taken on some with a bigish mob. They don't pay for any ingoes(reveals) and they deduct the windows, is this the usual on sites these days. Used to get £2 linear m on them.

Back to site tomorrow to wait on the temperature or we will get punted, needs must

Solid measure you need.

Yea a dead measure right through all the windows I can understand them taking out patio doors etc but all the windows and doors is ludicrous.

Tell them to **** off if I was you

I wish I could tell them to f off, 2 kids to feed and a house to keep kinda makes me think twice about jacking another site. For sure nick I know that they will. Wouldn't mind so much if the reveals were to get dashed, floating sure rend at this time of year is a nightmare. Temps to rise for next day or two so here's hoping we get some bloody done.

Status
Not open for further replies.