Team Mono lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy M

Been spraying quite a few small panels with a guy following up with the rule (well a derby) and he just cant keep up,leaving me dropping back with the serrated ,spatting and then resuming spraying all over again. Ive tried to get him used to the serrated edge but hes a bit of an old dog and cant get used to it. Dont get me wrong,hes a grand bloke but im going home of a night fooked lol.:RpS_sleep:

When we spray I usually spray and two ruling behind and even then i have to stop, im not surprised tbh them machines **** it on the walls

There only 10m sq panels Spunky and theres loads of em. Its me and him on the scaff and a lad feeding the machine. I dont mind dropping back spattiing but bugger the ruling if im spraying aswell.

Been spraying quite a few small panels with a guy following up with the rule (well a derby) and he just cant keep up,leaving me dropping back with the serrated ,spatting and then resuming spraying all over again. Ive tried to get him used to the serrated edge but hes a bit of an old dog and cant get used to it. Dont get me wrong,hes a grand bloke but im going home of a night fooked lol.:RpS_sleep:
i spray and rule ,but i have never got on with the serrated straight edge ,imo ,it just makes it hard work

Im on a G4 with 35mm pipe, dont know what your machine is mate but you can get a slower R/S for ours but to be honest once your used to getting it on quick you never want to spray slower. Two blokes ruling is plenty enough Spunk and they should be easily be keeping up with you.

There good plasterers Andy were still in the find the button to turn the gun off and try not to trip over the hoses stage lol

I prefer it Keith, To me it seems to eliminate most air pockets and spats up easily.
it could just be me mate ,spraying and ruling ,what works for one and all that ,if it lookes good at the end ,that is what it is about :RpS_thumbup:

Of course Keith, Horses for Courses and all that but this bloke uses one of those things with the cow horns on it and never back fills anything in, so when I drop back its all a rush to tidy it up before the good old tearing starts.
Spunky lol, it still happens with the hose now and then on tricky lifts and the other day the machine lad let the hopper run low so I sprayed a panel of piss. Alas he got educated from that moment.

Of course Keith, Horses for Courses and all that but this bloke uses one of those things with the cow horns on it and never back fills anything in, so when I drop back its all a rush to tidy it up before the good old tearing starts.
Spunky lol, it still happens with the hose now and then on tricky lifts and the other day the machine lad let the hopper run low so I sprayed a panel of piss. Alas he got educated from that moment.
Time for a change Andy ?think you need someone new to rule off :RpS_wink:

teach the man or your labourer to spray. you cant go far wrong if the mix is ok and your well masked up

I have a man spraying usually 10mm thick and I rule with a serrated edge. Avoids the trapped air and also shows every hollow which might not be so visible with a straight edge. I then have a man following me with the spat and putting those awkward slumps right under the sills and soffits. We use a 4-3 twister which I think is 15ltrs a min and the speed works fine for us. A 6-3 would be to fast, so you could always try a slower r&s.

Status
Not open for further replies.