tax

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayti

why can builders get away with paying 1 east european who inturn as 20 guys working for them paying them black
money then on second yr go back with out paying tax then is mate take up the new tax number it ongoing keeping price down no good for genuine contracterers how can you compete against that

why can builders get away with paying 1 east european who inturn as 20 guys working for them paying them black
money then on second yr go back with out paying tax then is mate take up the new tax number it ongoing keeping price down no good for genuine contracterers how can you compete against that

Can you post the english version please mate?

just explain in a little more detail thats all, its a little difficult to understand fully whats happened.

P.S. dont mind the crack, we all have a crack on here - think of it as an extension of being on site. fire away

This interpretation based on being Yorkshire born and bred and having to translate Cockney and other southern languages. I have to say it seems self-evident what the writer is trying to tell us at least the first 80% of his text. This suggests a defective corresponding readership or a wish to take the pssi.
Bloke from distant part of EU called Mr A has 20 friends named B to U respectively. They all work for a builder who pays the whole lot as if only Mr A exists. So for example builder pays 21 people £10 per day but on the books it looks as though Mr A earns £210 per day. This assumes that A shares his loot equally with his mates which is obviously unlikely. The builder presumably pretends or believes that A is a bona-fid contractor employing the 20 in a legitimate manner : the writer thinks/knows it to be a fiddle.
At the end of one year of operation Mr A returns to distant part of EU without paying HMRC that which they are owed . In year 2 Mr X enters the scene although he could be one of B to U for all we know. Mr X takes on the identity including tax number of A.
I have to admit this is where I am starting to lose the plot. If I were X I would seek another tax identity , in fact just about any tax identity other than that of A because A has demonstrated an unwillingness pay his tax to HMRC. Clearly at some stage there will be an investigation where X might be banged up for the sins of A.
Actually when I re-read the text I could be wrong.

It does work like that unfortunately,my mate employed Albanians for years and thats how it works, he is a good mate but i always rucked him for it they have now nicked all his work and he is now back on the tools working with my boy at 60 years old

im sorry as this might offend but after living in a southern part of the country for a few years i have come accross a few eu lads and this is my views only and not the views of any1 else on this site

ENGLISH JOBS FOR ENGLISH WORKERS

the quality of work isnt the same they just slap it on trowel it off and that will do in all my time i have come across 1 decent eu worker and even he doesnt agree with eu workers coming into this country as he knows what goes on and for this reason he only employs english labourers

im sorry as this might offend but after living in a southern part of the country for a few years i have come accross a few eu lads and this is my views only and not the views of any1 else on this site

ENGLISH JOBS FOR ENGLISH WORKERS

the quality of work isnt the same they just slap it on trowel it off and that will do in all my time i have come across 1 decent eu worker and even he doesnt agree with eu workers coming into this country as he knows what goes on and for this reason he only employs english labourers

I don't find anything offensive in what you write. I am in France and there are loads of English tradesmen here. I'd say that French and German (part of eu) tradesmen have very high standards.

If you feel strongley about it report it. It's no different to someone sighing on and under cutting you , this is GB 2012 .

I'm with you on that Henry. When the Balkan stuff all kicked off about 15 years ago, all the labs were Albanian and very good workers. They all paid tax etc. nowadays all the scum labour let in hang around wickes car parks, mosques and I****n temples waiting to get casual tax free work while having no right to work in the uk.£20 a day is the rate for a Singh in London. :RpS_scared:

I don't find anything offensive in what you write. I am in France and there are loads of English tradesmen here. I'd say that French and German (part of eu) tradesmen have very high standards.

you never know whos about now-a-days last thing i want is to be sued or somet like that

yep £20 a day's about right. Most of the people I see lining up at the builders yard are Aghani, pakistani and I****n freshies.

Makes you think don't it, £20 a day..

yeah i got on the phone straight away. they'll be there in the morning and lock the poor bastards up. They should show them no mercy.

I heard on the news today that some Asians (Indians I think) are handing themselves in for voluntary deportation............fkinell things must be bad :RpS_scared:

yeah and now there's a thread asking about job opportunities in Germany.

I wonder what if there's a german plastering forum with people moaning about the english coming over and stealing their jobs, women and housing.

wonders never cease.

There was an interesting piece on tv the other evening. An immigration/customs dog smelled money on a man dressed in the manner of those who live in hot climates. He was leaving the UK to holiday in Abu Dhabi. You are allowed to leave with £1000 cash from what I could understand, more than this it has to be declared. The guy had a total of £4000 which was undisclosed. The customs did a check with the Inland Revenue who told them he had not filed tax returns for the last two years. The man had the choice of leaving and losing the £4000 or staying to fight against confiscation. He left and lost the £4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.