Tax digital

Wayners

Tax digital. Anyone vat registered you need to be tax digital ready by April this year. Use bridging software to upload a spread sheet is one way.. Use accounting software and apps is the other way... That's the only 2 options we will have... Spread sheet templates are available for free or ask your account for one then you need to get bridging software to upload to tax office. I'll post a link to whatever system I use when I act but 2020 seems to be the date for us non vat tradesman. That's me...

I am not sure what way we will go about coping with it next year, I will be guided by my accountant, but there are various apps like Quickbooks which does it for you apparently, but there is a monthly cost to these which varies drastically.

Write everything down.. Just take your bank statements and go through each payment and write down what it is. Add to that cash receipts.. Then enter in a spreadsheet from one of the many free ones.. Then upload to tax office using bridging soft.. Those that do cash in hand and cook the books are going to get a head ache with this.. I never pay for any goods with cash. Everything is on bank statement.. As for apps ect its going to be to much hassle for me.... I can't be bothered with all that data entering. Spreadsheet software like libre office is free so use that.. I'll post again with what I'm doing and links ect.. Might even make my own template and share here... Or charge big money for it lol