Tanking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Do I need to wait for the tanking to full cure before I scratch coat it?

Bits have cured other bits where wall were soaked are still dark??

cheers

Normally the tanking just needs 24 hrs then you can crack on with the scratch..................:RpS_thumbup:

Went in today after a small storm last night and had some damp patches visible, ended up troweling a thick coat all over it :(

Went in today after a small storm last night and had some damp patches visible, ended up troweling a thick coat all over it :(

was it a duffel coat or trench...................:RpS_confused:........................:RpS_wink:

soz marra.............................Taxi for one..............................:rolleyes)

I have 3 tubs of it for my house, are you sure its the material, not a tiny itsy error in application...

I have 3 tubs of it for my house, are you sure its the material, not a tiny itsy error in application...

Only ever used Soverign before this John can't notice any difference in the feel of it only it needing 3 coats, less than half the price of Soverign's K11 so still cheap!

heard a lot of people saying they had to do 3 coats...

probably wouldn't have bothered if it was specced in sov as it would have been breathable plasters topping it, but I'm just waterproof/S&C it so need to give it it's best shot

Only ever used Soverign before this John can't notice any difference in the feel of it only it needing 3 coats, less than half the price of Soverign's K11 so still cheap!

heard a lot of people saying they had to do 3 coats...

probably wouldn't have bothered if it was specced in sov as it would have been breathable plasters topping it, but I'm just waterproof/S&C it so need to give it it's best shot

are you doing a render coat 1st then tanking slurry(2 coats) then another render coat spankster?

are you doing a render coat 1st then tanking slurry(2 coats) then another render coat spankster?

No mate stripped basement back to brick then applied 2 coats of tanking yesterday, came in today and it was slightly moist in some spots so had to give it another.. Hopefully tomorrow will be scratching it and skimming Monday

can you do it as you said arti? Didn't think you could as thought it needed to disperse through the brick?

Ive always done it by the spec i mentioned before. Does the KA Slurry give you a method on the tub or just lash it on?

Ive always done it by the spec i mentioned before. Does the KA Slurry give you a method on the tub or just lash it on?

Yeah 6-7ltrs water to 25kg I think, 2 coats, try not to leave it longer than 24 hours to second coat it.. All written on the tub.

3-1 S&C for scratch coat

Just had a pallet of K-11 diliverd to site and i have never used the stuff , anyone know anything about it to advise me ?

Just had a pallet of K-11 diliverd to site and i have never used the stuff , anyone know anything about it to advise me ?

I was under the assumption that swimming pools used a different type of tank gooner? Like double trouble with pools isn't it, penetrating water from both sides..

a whole pallet of K11 geez that's a hell of a order ££££ :RpS_blink:

I was under the assumption that swimming pools used a different type of tank gooner? Like double trouble with pools isn't it, penetrating water from both sides..

a whole pallet of K11 geez that's a hell of a order ££££ :RpS_blink:
Yes thanks mate, the ground workers have tanked the outside of the pool shell before backfilling i'am told by the owners !:) i can see some black-jack painted on so not sure !, they have plenty of money to pay for the k11 ,so crack-on, i would rather use good stuff mate,...... it's a block-work shell ! so its a bit DIY...... not the best but peeps are always looking for the cheapest and not best quality wankers in that way, i would want the best quality if it was me ,but you never know there agenda , they may just sell the place, then the new owners just see the pool and not how its built---you know the crack !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.