tanking cellar walls

andy612

my cellar walls have a lot of Efflorescence on them, but only in area were the coal hole is, a couple of years ago I skimmed them with bonding plaster and then applied a coat of PVA and then painted them with white emulsion. I have since found out that bonding plaster should not of been used, the salt is now coming through the paint and onto the floor, should I now knock the bonding plaster off and clean down the walls and mix a slurry mix of Sbr and Portland cement, brushed on across the wall then another coat up the wall, or can I just put 2 coats of sbr on the wall then render with sand and cement and paint again. do I have to use render when the 2nd coat of SBR is tacky.

malc

TPF Special Forces
you need to purchase a proper tanking system, and employ someone with experience of the material to fit it.
or you will waste your time and money.

Renov8j

Those pictures look like something outta paranormal activity!! Cellars should be damp and a little bit freaky:frenetico:were else are you supposed to keep your victimso_O

andy612

can I not just knock the old plaster off clean the salt off, brush 2 coats of Sbr and portland cement on and then paint instead of rendering onto the slurry mix?