Taking off radiators?

Agreed you should
A be charging for it
B know how to sort it if its goes tits up.

We take em off as we are city and guilds qualifed plumbers but we can still run the risk of knackering the boiler then I'm really buggered

I get all that I just can’t comprehend it.

I wouldn’t even do it if I knew how and charged for it. £20 or something for that risk? No thanks. And you’re even more f**k*d if something goes wrong and you’ve charged. No way out then.

Sometimes customer takes them off. If they’re on I skim around but can do it so you can’t tell.

I get all that I just can’t comprehend it.

I wouldn’t even do it if I knew how and charged for it. £20 or something for that risk? No thanks. And you’re even more f**k*d if something goes wrong and you’ve charged. No way out then.

Sometimes customer takes them off. If they’re on I skim around but can do it so you can’t tell.

That's a hugely important point, it's not just the work you are taking on for whatever you charge. You are also taking on any and all risks should anything go wrong. That's why all trades (should) have insurance, but just as importantly know what it does and doesn't cover you for. I doubt many policies held by plasterers would cover flooding the house so you personally would be liable. Given that most will be sole traders then that's way more risk than is reasonable.

Terms and conditions will help, but I'm a big fan of Occam's razor. If the risk is higher than the reward then don't do it.

occams razor favours beadtape over clouts or staples.

I'd suggest Occam's razor would favour aerosol contact adhesive over all of them. Still, it's not something I need to worry myself about.

Agreed you should
A be charging for it
B know how to sort it if its goes tits up.

We take em off as we are city and guilds qualifed plumbers but we can still run the risk of knackering the boiler then I'm really buggered
wot you plumbers plastering for?
Cos we are mainly plasterering and tiling. Moved into bathrooms fitting so decided to get l2 plumbing quals at night school 2 yrs back. Cos we cant touch the gas it helps to be able to spin a few trades to get jobs.
If I was a gas plumbers I wouldn't plaster lol

I've got old plumber he charges 50 quid take off and put back. If they want. Used him last week.problem is he's not well. He's got a bad heart .he's had a bleed on the brain .and gowt in both feet. Customer said is your mate alright. Er..