Taking off radiators?

Members online

tapit

Just bought this.
I normally use a couple of roller trays but this is great. 20190719_110355.jpg

Stick cap ends on the valves once the rad is off. Never trust the valve will hold it shut, especially if it’s on a thermostatic head once the room goes cold they can open up

i almost always take them off and charge for it.
Have been caught a couple of times with leaky valves but leaves a better job in my opinion.
Never touch them unless your insurance covers it. All sorts off s**t can happen and the customer will blame you. One day it will go tits up seen it loads of times.

I ask customer if they want me to take them off ( prefer to ) at their risk , charge for time ( usually 30 min inc refil ) , had loads of problems with leaks but keep plumbing kit in van
I rarely get anyone not want it done

I ask customer if they want me to take them off ( prefer to ) at their risk , charge for time ( usually 30 min inc refil ) , had loads of problems with leaks but keep plumbing kit in van
I rarely get anyone not want it done
Theres no chance I.ll take em of.
My dad used to ask why I did this mucky job.i said I can cope with a call saying walls cracked . Not a call saying I.ve flooded or burnt house down

Theres no chance I.ll take em of.
My dad used to ask why I did this mucky job.i said I can cope with a call saying walls cracked . Not a call saying I.ve flooded or burnt house down
Same with electrics work , frequently asked for sockets moving , lots of down lights as well , they get a sparky in to test when finished , up to them , most don't
Loads of ceiling work filling down light holes coming soon for everyone ,
Just need someone to invent a good way to do it

I don't take off old rads or micro Bore....

If they are reasonable new looking(15mm)
Will take em off .....
Always cap off at rad valves just in case...

But try not to....

I don't take off old rads or micro Bore....

If they are reasonable new looking(15mm)
Will take em off .....
Always cap off at rad valves just in case...

But try not to....

What if it’s the main one n the hole system needs to be drained

I always take them of and reinsate them, charge for it, couldnt be arsed dealing with plumbers when I can do it myself. Just would feel wrong plastering around them, in my opinion.

Rather not but have drained down system before...yes

Just a load of work I can do without though....depends if customer is ok....or a t..t...

System drain down is easy with a combi boiler your about 90% guaranteed no problems when you refill however on a gravity fed system your about 50/50 if the system gets an air lock when you refill and they can be an absolute pig to clear

Agree
Combi i have no problem with ...Filling loop conected to incoming cold...
Look at the pressure guage and fill to about 1 bar..

Check for leaks....Blead rad ....refill as pressure will drop on guage....needs to be 1 to 1.5 bar