Take the hit ?

It’s cheap mate but when you think
About £200 for materials and £450 labour for me and lad Is good money . I had over 20 years on site and been doing domestic about 3 years . Still can’t get it out my head what they would be worth on site. Probably why I’m never out of work . And yes still sheet down and clean up etc.
It wouldn't be worth your bus fare

Just seen a fb post. Woman wanted a chimney breast beading and the breast and 2 side walls skimming.

One lad jumped in I'll do it for £80 all in on way home. Large Victorian house as well.supplying as well.

I give up. Liverpool btw
Decent price that

Just seen a fb post. Woman wanted a chimney breast beading and the breast and 2 side walls skimming.

One lad jumped in I'll do it for £80 all in on way home. Large Victorian house as well.supplying as well.

I give up. Liverpool btw
Exactly. Clowns!

Honestly you wouldn’t do it for £80 on way home.? What does a plumber charge to service a boiler ? About £80 around my way takes about an hour .
100% wudnt do it on way home..would of done wen I was 18..that's about it..got better thing to do with my time than do that 4 £80.get there,sheet up,pva wait for f**k*r to go tacky then skim it..tools back in van,get all rush hour traffic..or go home feet up,play with kids or go gym or walk dog..I know which I'm choosing

Your right mate . I would probably get way with it with private customers but your small builders already have an idea what they want to pay .
indeed called it before do not work for builders or kitchen companies they are the £150 a day & got loads of jobs for you mate lol
You deserve real money for real pros see thread plastering 2019
It is about time plasters worked for what they are worth
If you do not charge minimum of £260 a day
might as well work for a company with all the trimmings van,hols,no stress no pricing no chasing money no weekends
However the thought of working for someone else would be spiritual suicide

Your welcome

Not a chance! On way home means I’ve already done a days work. I’d want a full days pay to set up and start all over again. Let the vultures have the scraps.
indeed called it before do not work for builders or kitchen companies they are the £150 a day & got loads of jobs for you mate lol
You deserve real money for real pros see thread plastering 2019
It is about time plasters worked for what they are worth
If you do not charge minimum of £260 a day
might as well work for a company with all the trimmings van,hols,no stress no pricing no chasing money no weekends
However the thought of working for someone else would be spiritual suicide

Your welcome
you got a point . Seen a council job other day . £30k van tool allowance pension holidays . And they do fook all , all day .

100% wudnt do it on way home..would of done wen I was 18..that's about it..got better thing to do with my time than do that 4 £80.get there,sheet up,pva wait for f**k*r to go tacky then skim it..tools back in van,get all rush hour traffic..or go home feet up,play with kids or go gym or walk dog..I know which I'm choosing
What's going on with you,
are you Gavin you write the same you can work the forum from day 1, you know everyone, but the way you explain your work and self is different to Gavin and you don't stork tapit,
If you're Gavin you have got 2 personalities?

are you Gavin you write the same you can work the forum from day 1, you know everyone, but the way you explain your work and self is different to Gavin and you don't stork tapit,
It's bat s**t crazy Gavine alright. The f**k**g not-right

Could always wait till January to do the job mate then when rooms cleared out January sales , buy two ceilings get one free

I definitely wouldn't be going back for a second day on the same price. Tell them that if they only have the two done it's the same price as doing the three and the third one on its own would cost the same again.
Absolutely no such thing as half a day in this trade IMO.

bang on the money there andy... agree with that...
I dont do day rate it is a per visit rate:D

I’m struggling a bit with this as I’ve had the nicest customers who are almost embarrassed when can’t clear the whole room. The fact you’re doing 3 in a day might have made it difficult for them to empty all 3 rooms?

as said, don’t know you or the customer or the ins and outs. Personally if they’re being nice, I’d just compensate, probably why I get so much repeat work and recommendations etc. Think of the long term gains

I also agree with that as well :D

hmmmmm

I think it’s Kitchy.

you got a point . Seen a council job other day . £30k van tool allowance pension holidays . And they do fook all , all day .
Best you can get in liverpool is £24 k for housing ass as a plasterer...but you have to be able to tile plumbing and hang doors etc. Multi skilled . Mates just started for one.

That's just because you're s**t at boarding. Take 20 minutes to board a wall and 2 hrs to skim it.

It's another reason I'm ashamed of you.
That's just because you're s**t at boarding. Take 20 minutes to board a wall and 2 hrs to skim it.

It's another reason I'm ashamed of you.

pipe down before I buy your bedsit and convert it back to a public toilet.

My boardings actually good. I just hate doing it. Met a site boarder who didn’t know what a set square was