Switches and sockets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jase your Ace................:rolleyes)
Ventura.....
images-2_zps459a0b74.jpg
..:RpS_mellow:

artis just upset because he gets skim all over his sockets and switches and i dnt:flapper:

Ok look at it this way you done a lid around heating pipes going through ceiling then you do the walls and get plaster on a socket bang the wall ceiling and all the heating pipes and radiators are now live if they don't have trip switch on electrics your fvcked!

You do know that by law your not allowed to even put a screw driver near an electric socket light fitting or anything that requires an NIC qualified tradesman you remove them and anything happens your looking at a mega fine even jail your not qualified to touch them guys. tell customer to sort it and put in your quote and invoice that you will not be removing or refitting any electric fittings don't and you will leave yourself open up to you!

What a load of b*ll***s. Part P only applies if adding something new 2 circuit additional light or socket or adding new circuit.

If you cant take 3 wires out the back of a switch and then put them back in the same place then theres something a miss, do you get someone out to change your light bulbs ?

Ok look at it this way you done a lid around heating pipes going through ceiling then you do the walls and get plaster on a socket bang the wall ceiling and all the heating pipes and radiators are now live if they don't have trip switch on electrics your fvcked!

i believe you missed the part where i said i dnt get plaster on the switches and sockets

Ok please do your homework guys you will find that an MP's daughter died changing a socket and everything has changed a while back you touch any electrics you will face jail if anything happens simple

Ok please do your homework guys you will find that an MP's daughter died changing a socket and everything has changed a while back you touch any electrics you will face jail if anything happens simple

Do you have a link to this mate ? whats so hard about putting a live neutral and earth wires in holes that are marked L / N / & E

What a load of b*ll***s. Part P only applies if adding something new 2 circuit additional light or socket or adding new circuit.

If you cant take 3 wires out the back of a switch and then put them back in the same place then theres something a miss, do you get someone out to change your light bulbs ?

You carry on buddy drop me an invite when your doing five years for man slaughter?

And what if its a 4x dimmer switch with about 10 different wires in and the next job is on the gone moaning that your late? Naaaa back the screws off and skim underneath.

[h=3]Minor jobs[/h]Minor jobs like replacing sockets and light switches will still need to be carried out to the safety requirements under Part P, but will escape the notification requirement.The Part P guidance defines work which is non-notifiable as work consisting of:

• replacing accessories such as socket outlets, control switches and ceiling roses
  • replacing the cable for a single circuit only, where damaged, for example, by fire, rodent, or impact
  • re-fixing or replacing the enclosures of existing installation components
  • providing mechanical protection to existing fixed installations
OR
work that is not in a kitchen or special location and does not involve a special installation and consists of:

• adding lighting points to an existing circuit
  • adding socket-outlets and fused spurs to an existing ring or radial circuit
  • installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotential bonding

Had a h/s/l once, unscrewed and taped up the single old bakerlite socket at top of stairs. Skimmed the wall and tiding up took the tape off the socket, two wires just popped out. OK no problem methinks, can I just turn off your sockets on the fuse board Mrs while I fix your socket?
Yeah no problem, here it is.
Switch it off and get a belt!
OK, switch the whole board off.
Get another belt. WTF!
What's going on Mrs?
Dunno, my husband wired it up years ago. You can have a word with him if you like, he's upstairs in the cupboard (in an urn).

What do you do now?

.....yes but if any wires are in wrong the fuse board just trips. How can that be dangerous?

I sometimes av trouble screwing back the socket ,fcuk trying to screws wires in the back of a socket,I'm not a spark I'd never forgive myself if I caused a fire .

Finefinish I get your point but your coming across as a bit of a bellend. Nobody likes a smart arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.