Switches and sockets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sparky told me that if you fit the tops back on before the walls are dry it creates a vacuum and cracks the tops. That's this weeks FRIDAY NIGHT INTERESTING FACTOID :RpS_thumbup:

Av been off here 1 day on its onto page 5....................airborne you've created a switch & socket monster.............:RpS_laugh:

But is it not the same as gas fitting it only becomes legal if you are being paid to do it ? and as humble plasterers when we have submitted our quotes we have not placed a charge for removing the sockets and are doing this gratis so, would touching the sockets with a screw driver actually be illegal? I could be wrong (and often am before anyone else says it ) but i thought the regs were worded around compedency ie compedent person same as corgi or gas safe registry?

Dare I have an opinion with out sounding like a tosser or tool or what ever but would you want to have to prove your competence when something goes wrong?

Dare I have an opinion with out sounding like a tosser or tool or what ever but would you want to have to prove your competence when something goes wrong?

You stick to ya guns FFW............you seem to know your onions and this place is alot better for your knowledge.................:RpS_thumbsup:

I would of thought you would be ok as long as you used a continuity tester i always carry at least 8 they are called wet fingers :RpS_lol:

Ok so we've discussed sockets & switches.
So what are peoples views on removing light fittings?
and does it carry a prison sentence :RpS_unsure:

I will drop the plastic pendants and let them hang on the cables.

Anything else and the client has to get it down.

And what if that fancy B and Q Chinese made piece of sh1t with 20 x 10w bulbs is getting in the way of you and a days pay?

Wouldn't you be tempted to ease the claw of the hammer under the base of it?

Mmm your fecked , stump up the £100. For a spark:-0or walk away! And remember.... green to green... Brown to Brown... and.....blew to feck :RpS_wink:

And what if that fancy B and Q Chinese made piece of sh1t with 20 x 10w bulbs is getting in the way of you and a days pay?

or u could use the claws of a Hawk

When I quote I tell them the price and what they need to do to get the job ready, remove light fitting rads furniture etc. Never had a problem

Your honour ,I am introducing as exhibition 4 ,the step ladder which the defendent deliberately and wilfully climbed with the aforementioned aim clutching in his hand exhibition 5 said screwdriver with malice a forethought and disregard for the lives of the said occupants namely the now deceased mrs broken bottom..

asif you seem canny popular of late...........everyone seems to like you...............maybe the tides are turning for you now marra........................:RpS_wink:

All my work is domestic too, and i always take off and tape up... wouldnt dream of going round them, its just not a proper job

The only trouble I have had with taking screws out of the faces to plaster behind, is in damp work the back boxes go rusty and rot. When you undo the screw the little lugs can break, which leaves you right in the shite.

agree there ..we replace back boxes all the time that have rusted ..worse one was telephone socket..as this was the main incoming box
found a telephone engineer in local paper who replaced for 30.00(bt no help at all)

if i am over boarding ceilngs and the cable has slack i will loosen light fitting screws and slide board under with little slot for wires..
if the light has only a few wires happy to take it off. hate the fittings with a dozen bloddy wires crammed in .!!

if i am over boarding ceilngs and the cable has slack i will loosen light fitting screws and slide board under with little slot for wires..
if the light has only a few wires happy to take it off. hate the fittings with a dozen bloddy wires crammed in .!!

Take a few photos first :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.