Sweden looks nice...I'm off

Members online

The pound is already in free fall

So much for me skipping over there to work. With the £ taking a hit and all the uncertainty, I think I'll just stay where I am. Interesting times ahead esp here in Ireland and even for our peace process. There's talk that parts of it will be void after this vote! f**k going back to all that madness!

It won't be good for Ireland, as for uk, temporary pain long term gain, get stuck into those shares now lads!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pound is already in free fall

I think you will find its not,it has been lower this year and spiked Wednesday on a false belief it would be remain.
In the short term the pound maybe slightly lower but long term much stronger.

Scotland want another referendum on "independence" so they can remain in an unelected undemocratic eu, you couldn't make it up lol

All depends where pound settles, almost certain it will be at lower level. Will help exports but we will have no trade agreements. Johnson and trump? Now that is something you could not make up. Ffs, ashamed to be British

All depends where pound settles, almost certain it will be at lower level. Will help exports but we will have no trade agreements. Johnson and trump? Now that is something you could not make up. Ffs, ashamed to be British

I'm proud to be British I think what you mean is your ashamed not to be European.

Would America ever be told what to do by Canada/Mexico? Would Russia be told what to do and who you can and can't sell to ??

Then why should Great Britain ?

The eu is done, France and Germany are ok but Greece, Italy Portugal Spain are on there knees because of the eu

I'm proud to be British I think what you mean is your ashamed not to be European.

Would America ever be told what to do by Canada/Mexico? Would Russia be told what to do and who you can and can't sell to ??

Then why should Great Britain ?

The eu is done, France and Germany are ok but Greece, Italy Portugal Spain are on there knees because of the eu
No i mean British. Respect the result, believe in democracy the people have spoken. Just my opinion that it is inward looking and the thought of Johnson Gove or Liam Fox coming in will make throw up

It won't be good for Ireland, as for uk, temporary pain long term gain, get stuck into those shares now lads!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking about the shares myself. Great time to invest! I've 13k euros, 1k sterling there in personal savings/business money but thinking of gambling some of it. I know it ain't much but worth an aul punt at something. Read a few books about situations like this and they say, this is always the time to invest. The UK always bounces back and will from this so it's worth it I guess. What to invest in thou is another thing. Hi see barcleys took big hit. They might be worth a few k on. Think last time I seen it, they've took a hit of 28% if I remember correctly.

Nicola sturgeon wanting another Scottish referendum, :D let them have independence and see how long they last with oil at 50 dollars a barrel.

Martin McGuiness has also been calling for our own up North. Interesting to see how this pans out.

Yep and sweden will be next along with Denmark and Holland having a referendum.
The EU is a failing system, all the countries are too different, Greece will want another bail with a share of taxpayers money, soon Turkey are going to join it doesn't work.

That EU also f**k*d us!

Was thinking about the shares myself. Great time to invest! I've 13k euros, 1k sterling there in personal savings/business money but thinking of gambling some of it. I know it ain't much but worth an aul punt at something. Read a few books about situations like this and they say, this is always the time to invest. The UK always bounces back and will from this so it's worth it I guess. What to invest in thou is another thing. Hi see barcleys took big hit. They might be worth a few k on. Think last time I seen it, they've took a hit of 28% if I remember correctly.

yeah mate just checked the london markets most are red =down.
any ideas how to go about the minefield of buying some ?? he who dares rodders !!!!

You missed the boat if you we going to buy stocks and shares, the speculators were buying before anything even happens, the ftse has recovered a bit now this morning. Best thing to buy in or just before a storm is commodities such as gold as it's seen as a safe saleable asset, and creeps up as there's a limited supply.

No i mean British. Respect the result, believe in democracy the people have spoken. Just my opinion that it is inward looking and the thought of Johnson Gove or Liam Fox coming in will make throw up

I'm afraid you've got caught up in the media debate, a vote out was not a vote for Farage, Boris etc and likewise a remain vote was not a vote for Cameron or Osbourne, it was simply a vote on whether to stay in the eu or not and was not a vote for any of these people, the next election will tell you that.

Already got my quota of Barclays

Great news. Well done to all those who had the b*llox to vote out. We have our country back hopefully can be great again, all we need now is strong leadership.

Wanting to trade with the rest of the world is outward looking my friend

Great news. Well done to all those who had the b*llox to vote out. We have our country back hopefully can be great again, all we need now is strong leadership.

You never know, there might be another vote. Can't see Europe and the world powers being happy with the outcome of this. That might sound ridiculous to you but it happened here in Ireland. We voted no in a big European vote few years ago only for us to have another vote few months later on the very same thing only this time, it was a yes vote. So much for democracy! Lol

• A group of people protesting in Barcelona (Photo: Jordi Boixareu)
The Citizens’ Security Law - also called the 'Gag Law' by its opponents - has been heavily criticised by opposition parties, judges, lawyers, NGOs, civil society and human rights experts from both the UN and the Council of Europe.

Only 7 percent of citizens support the law, according to a survey made by Metroscopia for Avaaz late last year.

The reform came after years of social unrest in Spain aggravated by the economic crisis, widespread political corruption and the failure to renew Spanish politics.

This led to a spike in demonstrations, protests, sit-ins, blocking of home evictions and gatherings in front of politicians' homes.

All opposition parties have already said they will void the law if they reach a majority in the Spanish general election later this year.

“The 'gag law' will last as long as the government of Rajoy. Once we are in the government it will be repealed”, said social democrat leader Pedro Sánchez on Wednesday (1 July) when the law came into force.

“We will continue, change cannot be silenced,” said Pablo Iglesias, leader of the leftist Podemos party.

Restrictions include demonstrating near the parliament, senate and regional parliaments, which could lead to fines of up to €600,000.

The police will also be able to fine people taking part in peaceful resistance or sit-ins in public places if a “relevant authority” has ordered the break-up of the gathering.

The new law also criminalises the blocking of home evictions - an activity that has become very common in Spain since the beginning of the economic crisis where many have lost their homes as they have lost their jobs and been unable to pay their mortgages.

The police will also be able to fine anyone “climbing buildings or monuments without authorisation when there is a clear risk of damage to persons or goods”.

The new law also goes beyond the streets and puts limits on what is allowed on social networks - one of the major channels for the social protest movement.

People writing on their twitter or facebook account that “there will be a demonstration today at Puerta del Sol at 7pm” can be held responsible for that same demonstration.

Minor offences will see penalities of €100 to €600, serious offences between €601 and €30,000, and very serious offences between €30,000 and €600,000.

I think you will find its not,it has been lower this year and spiked Wednesday on a false belief it would be remain.
In the short term the pound maybe slightly lower but long term much stronger.

Scotland want another referendum on "independence" so they can remain in an unelected undemocratic eu, you couldn't make it up lol
The pound dropped more than 10% against the dollar to the lowest its been in 30 years.

Believe it or not the EU actually benefits Scotland. Our universities are giving funding from the EU to bring in international students (Thanks to our universities giving free higher education) In Dundee we have two highly regarded universities which our economy is very reliant on. Which is why 60% of Dundonians voted to stay.

At least Nigel Farage and the gang kept their word to pledge 350 million that currently goes into the EU into the NHS :bailando:

A up lad's sorry to the stayers, but I so happy today we are out what ever the result was not much will change imo..
Just hope the best for the future .

The pound dropped more than 10% against the dollar to the lowest its been in 30 years.

Believe it or not the EU actually benefits Scotland. Our universities are giving funding from the EU to bring in international students (Thanks to our universities giving free higher education) In Dundee we have two highly regarded universities which our economy is very reliant on. Which is why 60% of Dundonians voted to stay.

At least Nigel Farage and the gang kept their word to pledge 350 million that currently goes into the EU into the NHS :bailando:

Ftse 100 up on the week, the pound will be back up next week without doubt.

As you will know the drops happened because it spiked this week so the majority of fall was a correction.

As to the EU an independent Scotland would not qualify for re-entry into the eu as it cannot afford it, you also do very well out of England thank you very much

GPS, what does this actually mean. I've seen Alot of people post this on the net today but what is it being proud to be British actually mean?

It's where we are from, it's where are parents and grandparents are from, it's where we were brought up. It's the country we love we believe in it's OURS not some unelected numpties from the EU.

It's no different to the Americans being proud of being Americans the Aussies being proud of being an Aussie, but you know this anyway as it is a pretty dumb question

Ftse 100 up on the week, the pound will be back up next week without doubt.

As you will know the drops happened because it spiked this week so the majority of fall was a correction.

As to the EU an independent Scotland would not qualify for re-entry into the eu as it cannot afford it, you also do very well out of England thank you very much

You know Scotland wouldn't qualify for EU membership yet top government officials aren't sure what would happen? There's already talk we would be fast tracked into Europe after being taking out against our will if we gain independence.
You'll find England do very well out of Scotland otherwise you would have washed your hands of us rather than fight to keep us as part of the UK.
Anyway politics and Fridays don't go. I'm away to crack open a bottle of wine enjoy your weekend