Suspended/lower ceiling?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Timber.
If spans not that long thunderbolt 4x1 wall plates with straps fitted both ends of room, fix straightest 4x2 you can get, string in 3 places across to straightest end timbers and use noggin down from 7x2 joists to pin em level and take spring out of em, board away.

Do you want me to just do it for you mate? @imago :inocente:

You'll be doing the boarding and skimming, I just need to get my 4rse in gear and get something up there to fix the boards to.

Anyway, what're you doing on the forum at this time of day? That stairs and landing finished? Or are you having a day off? :sisi: #fivedaysaweekmyarse

Timber.
If spans not that long thunderbolt 4x1 wall plates with straps fitted both ends of room, fix straightest 4x2 you can get, string in 3 places across to straightest end timbers and use noggin down from 7x2 joists to pin em level and take spring out of em, board away.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Quick, easy, bang on level, and it adds structure which the tin won't and also allows pipes/cables to be clipped. (y)

I’d agree metal is far better system and easier tbf, to drop past your rsjs you’d probably need gl9 gypframe brackets or even gl12 , most are stocked items and tbh tradeline at Ccf have there own version but I’m not sure on them , once your brackets are lined up and a channel around the edge that’s your hard bit out the way and the ceiling will be flatter than wood , also could pop in some sound block and leave a 3 mm gap around the edge of the entire ceiling then cork and skim would stop a lot of noise going upstairs if you had a bedroom above

I’ll pm you a dummies guide @imago
If you want it
You’d dare give the mighty @imago a dummies guide?! :eek: ;)

The old motorbike in the loft thread comes back to haunt him again :lol:
Every time I see loft on here first thing that comes t mind is imago' s bike ! Hilarious .:LOL:He learned from lodan now how to do it, according to some memos on here, so he doubt we will see another motorbike saga, unless @imago dont prove me wrong and take a picture of it in the loft:musculoso::lol:

You'll be doing the boarding and skimming, I just need to get my 4rse in gear and get something up there to fix the boards to.

Anyway, what're you doing on the forum at this time of day? That stairs and landing finished? Or are you having a day off? :sisi: #fivedaysaweekmyarse

I was having a quick eartha :D
It will be finished....fingers crossed :oops:
No not had a day off this week.....yet :coffe: