Surveyor Reports

Members online

Arti

I like nothing more than shooting holes in surveyor reports regarding damp problems in houses that are being bought or sold.

However, its getting f**k**g ridiculous, the amount of people ringing up scared shitless that there house is riddles with damp after some knobber surveyor has filled them full of s**t.

Been to 3 this week and very little if nothing is wrong with any of the houses ive checked apart from a leaking gutter thats been pissing water down the wall for months.

Some builder rang today after a surveyor report had caused penetrating damp on gable end, recommended taking down the whole gable, building it back up in block work then rendering it.

The problem was the gable had been painted and not maintained, water was getting behind the paint and bleeding inside. Customer nearly in tears at the cost of removing and rebuilding the gable when infact its a case of sandblasting the paint off and abit repointing if needed and seal it.

It must be a doddle getting a surveyors qual.............what a bunch of helmets

Rant over.....................have a good weekend marra's

:coffe:

Most of times it's all a scam tbh. National firms raking in on it, doing unnecessary work because they can issue warranties and guarantees and insurance.
I class surveyors and BC as a waste of space you never get the same answer from 2 different person on the same job, most of them clueless in my experience

I like nothing more than shooting holes in surveyor reports regarding damp problems in houses that are being bought or sold.

However, its getting f**k**g ridiculous, the amount of people ringing up scared shitless that there house is riddles with damp after some knobber surveyor has filled them full of s**t.

Been to 3 this week and very little if nothing is wrong with any of the houses ive checked apart from a leaking gutter thats been pissing water down the wall for months.

Some builder rang today after a surveyor report had caused penetrating damp on gable end, recommended taking down the whole gable, building it back up in block work then rendering it.

The problem was the gable had been painted and not maintained, water was getting behind the paint and bleeding inside. Customer nearly in tears at the cost of removing and rebuilding the gable when infact its a case of sandblasting the paint off and abit repointing if needed and seal it.

It must be a doddle getting a surveyors qual.............what a bunch of helmets

Rant over.....................have a good weekend marra's

:coffe:

thing is it scares people like plumbers and electrics... means there is a demand... means they will pay through the nose for it to be fixed/hidden