Super flex review

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm right off them! Plastered four bedrooms in my house only using the sf to finish after laying on. Looked amazing all drying same colour so painted a room then put a light across it. Looked absolutely terrible, re skimmed all rooms the old fashioned way. Spoke to a few others who have had the same problem so just be careful as it could bite you in the ass. I've no doubt a lot of the lads can finish to a high standard with them but I can't work it out and I've been trying for months. The trowels just seem to ride over the bumps and don't flatten the way a mt will.

Hala F*****g yoyaa I'm the same mate my hands are not skilled enough .i can pull off venetian plastering but can't skim with a s*p*r*lex

I'm right off them! Plastered four bedrooms in my house only using the sf to finish after laying on. Looked amazing all drying same colour so painted a room then put a light across it. Looked absolutely terrible, re skimmed all rooms the old fashioned way. Spoke to a few others who have had the same problem so just be careful as it could bite you in the ass. I've no doubt a lot of the lads can finish to a high standard with them but I can't work it out and I've been trying for months. The trowels just seem to ride over the bumps and don't flatten the way a mt will.

I find them amazing.

You only noticed after the 4th bedroom? I blame Danny for telling us the sponsor said they were good. Bad Danny

Stuart is Scottish therefore always drunk just like the Irish !!! So that's the reson for the quality!! As for me!? Errrrrrr gonna just jump in the hole I dug myself :RpS_blushing:

I find them amazing.

You only noticed after the 4th bedroom? I blame Danny for telling us the sponsor said they were good. Bad Danny

Yep, plastered them then painted one and stuck a light down it and it was awful. Just using it for final trowel now.

This is what ive always said, with the spats also, and i own all the tools and have done for years.

The best way i have found is to speedskim your laying on, this removes lines in a way that will not show once painted, unlike the flexi spats and trowels that give the impression of a flat wall but under good light you can see were you have laid on.

once speedskim pass, go straight on with a plastic trowel , no waiting around.

You now have a very wet but flat and perfect looking wall/ceiling .. let it pick up a small bit then go again with plastic .. once ready finish off with the plastic / spat or your trowel.

easy job and no water.
speedskim to flatten, plastic to perfect while wet.

people getting abit excited about supper flex trowels , usually as its the first plastering gadget they have owned. The brand of SF i picked up broke far to easy and the replacement bent .. i hear of alot of broken trowels.. but never a MT finishing trowel.

Doesnt your M/T get the wall flat without the speedskim ? remember back in the day, no one had any gadgets and just used a centenary for the whole process.... no ripples...

Doesnt your M/T get the wall flat without the speedskim ? remember back in the day, no one had any gadgets and just used a centenary for the whole process.... no ripples...
Yes young man and a bag of plaster was a tuppance ha'penny threpance and some shillings!! And you can amuse yourself with your "gadgets" in the privacy of your own premises!! Good day sir !!

Yes it sure does, but the fact we can control a large amount of skim very easily, work on it while wet and finish with a perfect finish and no water needed . And go home full off energy!

The old way works, this new way moves on the game.

Give it a try, im just sharing my tried and tested experiences. The people that have come on and taken on this method have been amazed . Ive done all the spats,sponges and plastic "finishing" trowels.

the plastic trowel for flattening is no use like a SF but once a speedskim has flattened the skim then the plastic comes into its own.

I use the 600 speedskim one handed and flatten huge area of skim in no time, a lad will follow behind with a plastic and since the set is all flat and troweled over we put more on while waiting for it to be ready for a finish.

If it works for you mate, thats the way to go, I do it differently, but as long as the jobs good, thats all that matters, I use the S/F all the time with no probs, use spats, hate speedskim...

Yes it sure does, but the fact we can control a large amount of skim very easily, work on it while wet and finish with a perfect finish and no water needed . And go home full off energy!

The old way works, this new way moves on the game.

Give it a try, im just sharing my tried and tested experiences. The people that have come on and taken on this method have been amazed . Ive done all the spats,sponges and plastic "finishing" trowels.

the plastic trowel for flattening is no use like a SF but once a speedskim has flattened the skim then the plastic comes into its own.

I use the 600 speedskim one handed and flatten huge area of skim in no time, a lad will follow behind with a plastic and since the set is all flat and troweled over we put more on while waiting for it to be ready for a finish.

what plastic do you use bud??

Status
Not open for further replies.