sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

Done some rendering today. Looks the boll0x from one side, when I stand the other end where the sunlight was on it this afternoon it looked rough in my opinion.

anyone experienced this?

any way to avoid it?

Its a very good plasterer that beats the sun , it happens to brickies too
were doing monocouche on 26 houses at the moment and it gets spatted, darbied and i sectioned but you still get it for about 20 minutes a day not too bad mind

As jetman says , this is not easything to get spot on ,it depends on so many things, descent blockwork , the right weather conditions , timing and having a little luck on your side all helps to give the perfect finish .

The spread who can beat the sunlight shining across an exterior wall and showing up inperfections hasnt been born yet . :p

the sun is the best general forman in the world mate there is now way on earth you can hide the slightest imperfection in big rendered walls.
that is why most specifications for walls allow for 2-3mm deviation over 5 meters...

A plaster layer must have uniform thickness to attain complete structural integrity. Also, a plane plaster surface must be flat enough to appear flat to the eye and receive surface-applied materials, such as casings and other trim, without the appearance of noticeable spaces. Specified flatness tolerance is usually 1/8 inch in 10 feet.

thats the way i have done it for years even in germany where they are s hi t hot about levels they always give a bit of lee way... but if you can do it any flatter then i bow to your superiority ;)

I-section is king and that's why I use one on basecoats to scratch back rather than float. Light shining across a plasterboard highlights some nasty stuff that you'd never say was there so to get render looking good in the sun is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.