Sunday antics

Members online

zolco

Private Member
Started subbing to an asbestos removal firm a while ago, money is good, things were plain sailing. This morning I got called in to do a quick patch repair. Access cut out by a subbie into thermalite blocks so they can remove asbestos from the service shaft, framework done by another subbie.
According to the foreman on site it's nothing wrong how it's been prepared and it's ready for a quick skim:nocausagracia:

Amazing work. I imagine they stood back and thought ‘plasterers will sort it out’!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foam fix and a mattress needed
Yes, the foam gun did come out in the end :D
I did put a few hammer in fixings too, and tried to cut a new slab in as near as possible. Just waiting on the foam to set then cover it

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_100531.jpg
    IMG_20180218_100531.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 227
Yes, the foam gun did come out in the end :D
I did put a few hammer in fixings too, and tried to cut a new slab in as near as possible. Just waiting on the foam to set then cover it
I've been found on jobs almost crying in the corner , walls moving when you skim them, getting shocks off ceilings , door frames 28inch at the top 26 at the bottom, flapping timbers , hundred metres of coiled cables, sockets and switches in the walls, live or not ,no one knows

I've been found on jobs almost crying in the corner , walls moving when you skim them, getting shocks off ceilings , door frames 28inch at the top 26 at the bottom, flapping timbers , hundred metres of coiled cables, sockets and switches in the walls, live or not ,no one knows
I'm far from crying, just stunned by the response of the foreman. He also said your mate didn't complain last week when he was here as the other floor was exactly the same, which put me in a mood a tad.

I'm far from crying, just stunned by the response of the foreman. He also said your mate didn't complain last week when he was here as the other floor was exactly the same, which put me in a mood a tad.
We had "high end job " north London, the frames stuck out 8 mm , I said the need to be bonded out and that's extra, the foreman said,he'd never in his life heard someone complain about frames sticking out too far ,only complaints that the frames weren't out far enough

We had "high end job " north London, the frames stuck out 8 mm , I said the need to be bonded out and that's extra, the foreman said,he'd never in his life heard someone complain about frames sticking out too far ,only complaints that the frames weren't out far enough
This is far from high end, well, it's probably what the client expect but they won't get it by the looks of it. This is their last week so I think they just want to get out of here

Things I hate
Dot and dab on walls that are miles off plumb ,the same walls will get damp,the builder just wants it done, the client wants it perfect ,you can't tell the client as they don't want to pay anymore .

Plasterboard incorrectly fitted ,screws sticking out,missing ,large gaps,

Long coils of cables sticking out of walls and ceilings ,
Cables and pipes to be fitted whilst your working in the room "leave that wall scenario for now "

Light wells that aren't squared with the timber frames yet you have to have equal margins ,
Door frames not in line,not plumb etc,
Rooms full of stuff,
Chippy near by making noise ,
Someone nearby with a kango,sds drilling

No answers to your enquiries.
Paper still on walls, grease ,glue residue on walls, peeling paint , distemper .
Dopey labourers
Patches 8 floors up that will only take a few minutes ,

Are you sure there wasn’t a tear ?

I'm so much more calm, mellow and patient these days, but I still think I might have punched that foreman in the throat.