suggestions for long gap under threshold

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

magichandsmax

we've just had a rather shoddy threshold replaced with long solid oak pieces. the removal of the old one has left a long messy gap under the new threshold.

we can easily take the existing skirting board off but need some suggestions for the best way to get a sharp white finish across the whole width of the window.

Expanding foam most of the cavity. Then either till the rest out with thistle bonding so it is slightly behind the level and skim it flush or easifill and sand it depending on your plastering skills.

Hi I would takeskirting of then take plaster of in line with each side of window then dot a plaster board on just about same think nes then just skim it level with wall should do the job:RpS_thumbsup:

Watch out with the foam though.. That stuff really expands and could push the board off.

Foat Ive used lately barely expands. Not like it used to.

Do you spray water on it steve?

we've just had a rather shoddy threshold replaced with long solid oak pieces. the removal of the old one has left a long messy gap under the new threshold.

we can easily take the existing skirting board off but need some suggestions for the best way to get a sharp white finish across the whole width of the window.

For this job I'd take skirt off fill the gap with bonding plaster & then easifill over top then just needs a light sand & paint.
I'd skim it myself but you'd be better off filling it if your doing the job :RpS_wink:

Last edited:
Watch out with the foam though.. That stuff really expands and could push the board off.

Agree, seen many hard wood door linings bow with this stuff..............fill it with sand & cement, then skim....being low level

Lets fook this job up !..............fill it with an old cement bag, then easy fill, then a strip of wood chip paper....it's a good'n :)

Agree, seen many hard wood door linings bow with this stuff..............fill it with sand & cement, then skim....being low level

What you mean low level?
It looks like a 1st floor flat to me :RpS_wink:

It would've looked a lot better if the chippy had used an L shaped oak cill that overhung to the top of the skirting.

Take of cill and skirting,insulate the cavity,build in some brick under cill, fix eml to brick then a coat of s&c, Eml again then coat of bonding,skim then easifill.replace cill and skirting ..:RpS_thumbup:........
. easy hour job ffs ..............:RpS_lol:

Take of cill and skirting,insulate the cavity,build in some brick under cill, fix eml to brick then a coat of s&c, Eml again then coat of bonding,skim then easifill.replace cill and skirting ..:RpS_thumbup:........
. easy hour job ffs ..............:RpS_lol:

wallcrete it..................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.